Au Regal threatens closure over Healthpass

Status
Not open for further replies.
So we are on the island the second week in November...assuming we would need this pass to get into restaurants and such..if so where does one get this pass??

just go to the local pharmacy, there are three on the island.

1. If you have a vaccine card....you will get a health pass, they copy the info from the card. this pass is good till the french gov says you need a booster.

2. take a covid test and the pharmacy will give you a 48 hour health pass

3. If you have proof of having covid within the last six months....the pharmacy will give you a 6 month health pass.

We vote to keep the pass in place, was one of the reason that made us book an extended return after a long absence.

the obligation to show a pass is set to expire 15 November. subject to change, of course. in certain departments of France the restrictions have already been loosened.
on verra . . .

The process of extending the pass sanitaire law, possibly through July 2022 (a period that includes the French Presidential election in April), has begun.

The specifics of what is béing proposed should become evident when the text is presented to the Council of Ministers (expected on 10/13). Debate in parliament will follow that.

Meanwhile, Au Regal appears to remain open.

Screenshot 2021-10-03 at 9.18.37 AM-2.jpeg

The process of extending the pass sanitaire law, possibly through July 2022 (a period that includes the French Presidential election in April), has begun.

The specifics of what is béing proposed should become evident when the text is presented to the Council of Ministers (expected on 10/13). Debate in parliament will follow that.

Meanwhile, Au Regal appears to remain open.

That is great news. I, too, find that the existence of a health pass makes the prospect of travel to SBH much more likely for my family.

"[FONT=Marr Sans, Helvetica, Arial, Roboto, sans-serif]Le gouvernement souhaite garder la possibilité d’utiliser des mesures sanitaires en cas de reprise épidémique, mais n’exclut pas de les alléger, voire de les supprimer dans certains endroits."[/FONT]

[FONT=Marr Sans, Helvetica, Arial, Roboto, sans-serif]as I said, on verra . . .[/FONT]

I am hoping that the restrictions associated with the pass sanitaire law are just something Macron keeps “in his pocket” next year and preferably sooner...

Full utilization of the law's restrictions for a country with 87% of its eligible population vaccinated and its delta wave seemingly under control would mean we would not be in a good place...

Looking forward to Au Regal's upcoming offerings..

IMG_2597-2.jpeg

Pass or not décisions will be based on new case numbers and hospitalizations. According to the French administration.
I don’t imagine my or your preferences will be factored in. :nerd:

We were recently in Italy, and had to show our Vax card at every museum and at every restaurant, even when eating outside. I was grateful for those venues adhering to the policy, and gladly patronized them. I hope to say the same exact thing when we are on St. Barth's a month from now. And we won't be going any place that is complaining too much, because it makes me wonder what's happening behind the scenes.

We were recently in Italy, and had to show our Vax card at every museum and at every restaurant, even when eating outside. I was grateful for those venues adhering to the policy, and gladly patronized them. I hope to say the same exact thing when we are on St. Barth's a month from now. And we won't be going any place that is complaining too much, because it makes me wonder what's happening behind the scenes.

I'm with you. In NYC you must show proof of vaccination and present a photo ID for indoor dining and museums. It takes less than 10 seconds to check a group of four for dinner. I'm hoping the same will be the case on St. Barth's in February.

Status
Not open for further replies.