Butter makes everything better!

JEK

Senior Insider
Screen Shot 2021-09-14 at 8.00.08 AM.jpg

They are truly buttery and smooth and incredible. A treat to eat.

Also wonderful and buttery mashed potatoes are served at nearby Fouquet's.

Honestly, I did not go in thinking mashed potatoes was an important side vegetable to experience.

I was wrong.

Hoo BOY! Even buttered mashed potatoes bring out the negativity in some. :thinking1:

I saw this earlier post on FB and drooled. I see it here and STILL drool. I can't wait to enjoy this scrumptious dish.

Reminded of the line in RISKY BUSINESS.. sometimes you just have to say WTF.

In any case, most on this forum promote free choice and believe to each his own. As for these unforgettable mashed potatoes, I support having them or sharing them with a similarly inclined dining companion or two. (At least tasting them once before you die. )

As “buttery” as Robuchon menu items can be, for the benefit of others who may be unable to enjoy butter, I’d like to say that the chef was extremely accommodating to me — and very gracious in doing so — by preparing beautiful, delicious meals that were dairy- & gluten-free. Nor was it difficult to get this service . . . at the outset of ordering on my first visit, servers asked if there were any “dining preferences.” In subsequent visits, these restrictions were remembered and alternative food preparations were suggested (e.g., using olive oil rather than butter in sautéing fish & using whipped egg whites on desserts rather than whipped cream).

As “buttery” as Robuchon menu items can be, for the benefit of others who may be unable to enjoy butter, I’d like to say that the chef was extremely accommodating to me — and very gracious in doing so — by preparing beautiful, delicious meals that were dairy- & gluten-free. Nor was it difficult to get this service . . . at the outset of ordering on my first visit, servers asked if there were any “dining preferences.” In subsequent visits, these restrictions were remembered and alternative food preparations were suggested (e.g., using olive oil rather than butter in sautéing fish & using whipped egg whites on desserts rather than whipped cream).

This is excellent to read, Dennis. Accommodating guest's dining preferences, and subsequently remembering those preferences, is an amazing offering. Knowing this ALONE would have be making a reservation!

Reminded of the line in RISKY BUSINESS.. sometimes you just have to say WTF.

In any case, most on this forum promote free choice and believe to each his own. As for these unforgettable mashed potatoes, I support having them or sharing them with a similarly inclined dining companion or two. (At least tasting them once before you die. )

Which I do OFTEN on this forum. :cool:

I support your support, my YSS. :heart1:

Zion has really good mashed potatoes too. I look forward to comparing the two in November. Hopefully.