An Old Resto List - Many Are Gone

Yes. After Hurricane Luis it was Chez Francine for lunch, and then L'Entrepont for dinner.

do you mean "before" Hurricane Luis? I seem to recall that Chez Francine did not reopen after Luis??? But of course I could be wrong...

Chez Francine temporarily relocated to L’Entrepont after their St Jean location was destroyed by Luis. I don’t know that it even lasted a year there.

Chez Francine temporarily relocated to L’Entrepont after their St Jean location was destroyed by Luis. I don’t know that it even lasted a year there.

gottcha, I don't remember that at all, but I bet it wasn't the same not on the beach!

Before our time, but glanced at our copy of "Case...." Where on St Jean was Cafe Francine?

I feel it was near Pearl Beach, a little closer to Eden Rock and also featured a swim-to float for a lunch on the water.

Before our time, but glanced at our copy of "Case...." Where on St Jean was Cafe Francine?

Chez Francine.. but looking at the water it was to the left of where Pearl Beach is now... in front of the little gray house to the left of the beach path to the Pearl Beach resto...

brings back memories....chez francine was the site of our first dining experience on St Bart's........a great lunch on the beach....

brings back memories....chez francine was the site of our first dining experience on St Bart's........a great lunch on the beach....

A better experience than ours..we had sand fleas and chickens ruining a lunch for us.

I agree. It was our first lunch on our honeymoon. I still can taste the baby shark

what a coincidence...one of our entrees was free range chicken with spicy sand flea sauce....just joking!!
we did have a good experience....probably partially inspired by friends and a wee bit of alcohol....

You had me there, Chiz. Luckily we put that day behind us and now there is no looking back. We have found our happy place.

And Kiki e Mo has significantly changed with the times. Now a restaurant, it was a deli type selection/take out for many years.

And Kiki e Mo has significantly changed with the times. Now a restaurant, it was a deli type selection/take out for many years.

I'm not quite sure that Kiki-e Mo is a "restaurant." That is, I'm not aware that it has table service. In this regard, I love Kiki-e Mo, but only go there for takeout . . . perhaps I've missed a change. In any event, I totally agree that it has "changed with the times." Food items are fresh, delicious, and sensitive to dietary limitations. The great staff also contributes to making each visit an experience that leaves me smiling as I walk out the door!

Kiki-e Mo has been our go to place since the beginning as our villa is up the hill. We have enjoyed their take out salads and various items and they make great paninis...in recent years they have added on and there are tables where you can sit and be served..they also do great catering...IB and her staff are delightful