Global Entry Renewal, one day!

PeterLynn

Senior Insider
With birthday passed, decided to renew my Global Entry card before expiration next year. Expected it to take forever and dreaded the 30+ mile drive up to IAH and back for the interview. Clicked on the renewal link. Had to setup a new login from the previous application, but found out that most of the fields were already populated so about the only thing to do was to pay the $100. A bit over 24hrs later, got an email announcing there was a change to my application status. Logged in and found out I'm now good for another five years. Will see if my wife has the same luck when she renews soon.

Hope you paid with your AmEx - you will get a statement credit for the $100!

Our family of four all applied for renewal a couple of months ago and three of us got near instant renewal notification. Unfortunately my daughter, who has moved to Texas (from NY) since her original application 5 years ago has to go thru the whole interview process again. I suspect it is because of the Texas move which of course change many of her details.

With birthday passed, decided to renew my Global Entry card before expiration next year. Expected it to take forever and dreaded the 30+ mile drive up to IAH and back for the interview. Clicked on the renewal link. Had to setup a new login from the previous application, but found out that most of the fields were already populated so about the only thing to do was to pay the $100. A bit over 24hrs later, got an email announcing there was a change to my application status. Logged in and found out I'm now good for another five years. Will see if my wife has the same luck when she renews soon.

Our family of four all applied for renewal a couple of months ago and three of us got near instant renewal notification. Unfortunately my daughter, who has moved to Texas (from NY) since her original application 5 years ago has to go thru the whole interview process again. I suspect it is because of the Texas move which of course change many of her details.

Worried my wife will have to re-interview as she has recently changed jobs. I suspect mine went through so quickly because nothing changed. Just passing this on to those who may have to renew.

Don’t worry. Nothing changed with me and I still had to have the perfunctory interview. A random lottery methinks.

Don’t worry. Nothing changed with me and I still had to have the perfunctory interview. A random lottery methinks.
Renewed online a few weeks ago. Thought I’d have to do the interview.

got my new card in the mail today.

I did it a few months ago and it was so easy I forgot I did it. Was going through a drawer and found my old card with the expired date and panicked until I realized the new one was right there too. Just hoping to use it sooner rather than later.

We just renewed our global entry cards in May and September. I totally missed the activate message and wanted to thank you for mentioning that major detail. I just saw approved green check and received my card and figured I was all set.
These forums have been so helpful during the hurricanes and covid. Now hoping this year will be our 41st year after missing last year and breaking the 4 unbroken decades of visits to our special place. Thank you again for the reminder.

While it is good idea to activate the card, the Global Entry card can only used when entering the USA via land - Canada and Mexico. The other Global Entry is linked to your passport and doesn't require the card.

Make sure you go back to the website and ACTIVATE the new card. I
almost missed that little detail. :rolleyes::peace-sign1:

While it is good idea to activate the card, the Global Entry card can only used when entering the USA via land - Canada and Mexico. The other Global Entry is linked to your passport and doesn't require the card.

We just renewed our global entry cards in May and September. I totally missed the activate message and wanted to thank you for mentioning that major detail. I just saw approved green check and received my card and figured I was all set.
These forums have been so helpful during the hurricanes and covid. Now hoping this year will be our 41st year after missing last year and breaking the 4 unbroken decades of visits to our special place. Thank you again for the reminder.

You are very welcome! I only noticed the need to activate when my husband got his notice of renewal! Just looking forward to the day when the card (number) is needed for expedited re-entry into the USA from my beloved St Barths! Hopefully March 2022 after what will have been an enforced 3 year hiatus. :laughing-cry::pray1: