Restaurants Open in September

KevinS

Senior Insider
While many restaurants close for vacation in September, it’s always been said that you won’t starve. The list below was published by St Barth Tourism and forwarded to me by WIMCO. Do check the hours if you plan to dine at one of these places - days and hours of opening may be a bit more relaxed than usual.

C46447EC-ED55-40C7-B86D-F79C4DB409C8.jpeg

An addition to the list:

Le Papillon Ivre in St Jean reopens tonight, 7 September.

I've added Le Papilon Ivre, which reopens tonight, to the list in the first post on this thread.

A few suggestions, as translated by Google:
Zoom on the Papillon's iodized suggestions! Perfect as an aperitif to say a change from the traditional cold cuts & matured cheese board! Navarre oysters • Sea urchin tarama • Bowl of gray shrimps & homemade mayonnaise • Scallop carpaccio • Sardinette by @realconservera or even the essential salmon back! And yes, you will be spoiled for choice! To the best of my mind ...

I've added Le Papilon Ivre, which reopens tonight, to the list in the first post on this thread.

A few suggestions, as translated by Google:
Zoom on the Papillon's iodized suggestions! Perfect as an aperitif to say a change from the traditional cold cuts & matured cheese board! Navarre oysters • Sea urchin tarama • Bowl of gray shrimps & homemade mayonnaise • Scallop carpaccio • Sardinette by @realconservera or even the essential salmon back! And yes, you will be spoiled for choice! To the best of my mind ...

Le Papillon Lvre is quite special . . . I love the tapas-like menu items & usually order too much! It’s a unique, intimate setting . . . with a “Left Bank” ambiance. In difficult Covid-related times, I’m very appreciative that this small dining gem survives.

I agree wholeheartedly about Le Papillon Ivre. Everything about it is special - the "wine wall," the delicious small plates using generations old recipes from Bordeaux and most especially, the spirited owner Julie. I wrote to her before a visit with my children and she cooked a few of her specialties for our visit.

Le Papillon Lvre is quite special . . . I love the tapas-like menu items & usually order too much! It’s a unique, intimate setting . . . with a “Left Bank” ambiance. In difficult Covid-related times, I’m very appreciative that this small dining gem survives.

she will only be open for 3 weeks, the owner lives in a rental property of a friend of mine so we get a discount....lol. we are doing a girls night out.

Please help where is this located? We ran into two people at Julianna when we were stranded last time traveling back to the states. They lived in Flamands. They had a recommendation for a restaurant up the hill in St. Jean. Wondering if this is the same one? Thanks and see you on the beach

Never mind found the email from Marie-Lisa Lenoir it is the restaurant she recommended. She not only recommended…she could not stop heaping praise on them. How did Cheryl and I ever miss this place? Hope to see them next July. One never knows who we run into at airports.

Sounds lovely! Will definitely add to our list of dining spots next visit. Thanks all for posting your feedback and photos...can't wait to check it out. We love intimate and charming dining experiences!

252324538_2121667787995674_6932655465685042932_n.jpg

Chuchotis du Lundi … Arrival : Fresh razor clam at Le Papillon Ivre this evening ! @lepapillonivre_officiel Des couteaux frais, une pointe de piment d’espelette et de très fines tranches de lard de colonnata … Tout un programme en suggestion dans votre « Bar à Vins - Cave à Manger » !