Curfew to be Lifted at Midnight, tonight, 8/31/21 - Pass Sanitaire to be Implemented

Status
Not open for further replies.

KevinS

Senior Insider
As reported by Le Journal, and translated by Google:

The curfew in effect in Saint-Barthélemy (10 p.m. to 3 a.m.) will be lifted as of this evening, Tuesday, August 31. At the same time, on the sidelines of a press conference given yesterday, Monday August 30, in Saint-Martin, the prefect Serge Gouteyron announced that the "sanitary pass" will be implemented in Saint-Barth from September 13.

That's all of the information that I have.

As reported by Le Journal, and translated by Google:

The curfew in effect in Saint-Barthélemy (10 p.m. to 3 a.m.) will be lifted as of this evening, Tuesday, August 31. At the same time, on the sidelines of a press conference given yesterday, Monday August 30, in Saint-Martin, the prefect Serge Gouteyron announced that the "sanitary pass" will be implemented in Saint-Barth from September 13.

That's all of the information that I have.

its either or Kevin, health pass or test required on sept. 13 for restaurants and bars.

sept. 13 entry requirements for restaurants/bars in st. barths

health pass or neg. covid test, or proof that you had covid not sooner than 11 days and within the last six months.

its either or Kevin, health pass or test required on sept. 13 for restaurants and bars.

It sounds like the health pass is where one of the three types of “proof” must be contained, which would make sense for ease of use by those checking. Could get even more expensive to dine out with testing every few days.

sept. 13 entry requirements for restaurants/bars in st. barths

health pass or neg. covid test, or proof that you had covid not sooner than 11 days and within the last six months.

I wonder, then, if this means that a vaccination card alone with suffice to get on the island eventually.

It sounds like the health pass is where one of the three types of “proof” must be contained, which would make sense for ease of use by those checking. Could get even more expensive to dine out with testing every few days.

modjo was doing their own testing outside their club.

will some of the other restaurants follow suit? I don't know.

I know of at least 3 restaurants who say they will refuse to enforce this. this will be a wait and see and also what influence Bruno may have before this is actually a reality.

Is testing free on the island???

testing was free for residents with a health card. however as I understand it, free testing is finished even for residents starting in september. if some of the restaurants start doing their own testing sites like modjo did earlier this year, then testing would be fairly cheap. it would be the antigen 15 minute tests.

I know of at least 3 restaurants who say they will refuse to enforce this. this will be a wait and see and also what influence Bruno may have before this is actually a reality.
Good. Plus, if they’re going to have this they should require everyone to have negative test. Lots of injected people infected and transmitting the virus.

Good. Plus, if they’re going to have this they should require everyone to have negative test. Lots of injected people infected and transmitting the virus.

cass ,this new requirement has nothing to do with keeping people safe...if it did, then testing would be required of all who would enter, vaccinated or not vaccinated.

as we all know by now, both vaccinated and unvaccinated can and do transmit this virus. this to me looks like a ploy to entice people to get vaccinated. like I said, for now its a wait and see to whatever Bruno decides to do.

A perfect example of the nudge theory in action... It is working as intended in France, let's hope for similar results on SBH.

At the risk of — once again — being a contrarian. Is there any element of “over thinking” the questions asked here? Isn’t it pretty straightforward? Let’s just wait-&-see what “sanitaire pass” means.

I'm not looking to debate, Diana. I was making a positive comment about France's experience with the pass sanitaire program, which polls show the French strongly support.

The impact has been very encouraging. More than 1.7 million people made vaccine appointments within 24 hours of the pass sanitaire launch COVID rates are trending down in France. As of last month, 95% of COVID cases in France were unvaccinated people.

I was encouraged to read that similar strategies have been implemented in other European countries with strong success. I am hoping the world can learn from this.

The pass sanitaire is ending even in France in November, France may extend it, but its still up in the air.

Official figures suggest more than 237,000 people demonstrated across France last weekend against the pass, arguing it infringed on their civil liberties. that is an increase from a little over 200,000 persons demonstrating from the previous weekend. opponents believe the pass sanitaire violates the most fundamental of French principles: the liberte & egalite of the national motto.

Several french media outlets reported a growing number of under 30's advertising on social media to meet someone with Covid so they could catch the virus and obtain the health pass without being vaccinated or tested.

St. Barths has had weekend protests also as seen in Le Journal.

....I was making a positive comment about France's experience with the pass sanitaire program, which polls show the French strongly support... I am hoping the world can learn from this.

83.9% of the eligible population above 12 years of age have received at least one dose and 76.2% of this eligible population are fully vaccinated per Covid tracker.fr. The percentages for the entire population (eligibles + under 12 y/o’s) are 72.2% one dose, 65.6% fully vaccinated. Just prior to Macron’s announcement of the pass sanitaire plan, 36% were fully vaccinated.

Attitudes of the French towards vaccination had changed even before Macron announced the plan (the various provisions of which had 58% - 76% support when proposed per an opinion poll reported here), so what you call a nudge may have been made with that in mind…

PREFECTURE OF SAINT-BARTHÉLEMY AND SAINT-MARTIN ars OD Agence de Sante Guadeloupe Saint-Martin Saint-Barthelemy Liberte Egalite Fraternité PRESS RELEASE Saint-Martin on 08/31/2021 COVID-19 / END OF COUVRE-FEU IN SAINT-BARTHÉLEMY

The health situation and epidemiology in Saint-Barthélemy (positivity rate at 0.5% in week 34 - from 23 to 19 August 2021), such as the absence of Covid patients at the DE BRUYN hospital, lead the Prefect to end the cover- fire currently in force in Saint-Barthélemy, as of this evening, in accordance with decree n ° 195 of August 31, 2021. In this context, bars and restaurants can remain open until midnight. The ban on the sale of take-out alcohol after 6 p.m. is also lifted. The terms of distancing as well as the sanitary protocol in establishments open to the public obviously remain in force: Shops of more than 400m² must respect a gauge of 10m? of sales area per person; establishments open to the public must imperatively display on their store front the maximum number of persons authorized simultaneously; social distancing between customers must be respected; hydro-alcoholic gel or access to soap and water must be available at all times; the wearing of masks for all employees and customers must be applied. Thanks to the mobilization of everyone in the application of barrier gestures everywhere and on a daily basis, the fight against the coronavirus epidemic seems to be bearing fruit. It is essential to continue in this direction and in particular to be vaccinated. The Prefect, however, calls on the inhabitants of Saint-Barthélemy to respect barrier gestures and more generally to collective discipline, because the Covid-19 is still present and collective immunity has not yet been reached on the territory of the island.

Status
Not open for further replies.