Summer 2022 Booked!

Valerie

SBH Insider
Well I just booked our vacation for next summer and I'm so excited I had to jump on the forum! We're bringing our two children for the first time (ages 10 and 5). I've been looking forward to sharing this special island with them so I hope COVID doesn't get in the way! We're actually spending 5 nights on Anguilla (using Hilton points for Zemi was too good of a deal to pass up!) followed by 6 nights in a villa on St. Barth. If anyone has any thoughts to share on bringing children to SBH (favorite experiences as a family, restaurant suggestions?) I'm all ears! I know this trip will be different but wonderful in its own way!

Well I just booked our vacation for next summer and I'm so excited I had to jump on the forum! We're bringing our two children for the first time (ages 10 and 5). I've been looking forward to sharing this special island with them so I hope COVID doesn't get in the way! We're actually spending 5 nights on Anguilla (using Hilton points for Zemi was too good of a deal to pass up!) followed by 6 nights in a villa on St. Barth. If anyone has any thoughts to share on bringing children to SBH (favorite experiences as a family, restaurant suggestions?) I'm all ears! I know this trip will be different but wonderful in its own way!

Congratuations! The Yellow Submarine always comes to mind for this age group! All restos love the family and lunches may be better for the little ones with 19h00 starts for most places. Think about a chef for dinner(s) and engage the kids in the menu/prep/cooking.

Thanks JEK! I will look into the Yellow Submarine! We're definitely planning lunches-I'm thinking we should check out Lil' Rock and Gyp Sea so the kids can play on the beach and we can hopefully have a leisurely meal. We've done a private chef before and very much enjoyed it and that is a great idea to get the kids involved in the planning!

Diviabella good to hear! The website looks fantastic! Now if only COVID doesn't mess up my planning! I'm hoping worst case if Anguilla is still difficult to travel too that maybe we could get 5 nights at another villa at the last minute with it being low season...

Great choice, Valérie!

With respect to children-friendly restaurants, on the basis of experience in the past couple of off-season weeks, I have to give a shout-out to Pearl Beach! The venue, beach, & staff are unquestionably family-friendly! What’s more, in recent visits at the restaurant, I’ve enjoyed being a target of loving toddlers, wandering up to the table for a big, smiling “high five!” Mom & Dad never are far from observing what’s going on . . . and the feeling of a cautiously trusting “family” pervades.

You won’t go wrong!

Cheryl and I love Pearl. We rent chairs from Jean Michel next door. We go for drinks and had lunch threr twice our last trip. Kids hanging at the bar swaying on the swings a wonderful experience. Pearl like everywhere else in St. Barths there are always smiles. See you on the beach.

Stopping by Hookipa Surf Shop in St Jean (near Le Piment, up the hill) for a look-see at what beach toys they have available would be a first step. Think, mask-snorkel-fins-noodle-sandcastle building supplies, etc. Guillaume and Marion, owners, have young kids and can hook you up with all you need to keep your little one happy on the beach.

Public, Corossol and Petite Anse are all very calm beaches conducive to the comfort and enjoyment of the littles. There are no beach bars there so pack a cooler.

A Go Pro for the older kiddo might be a fun gadget for them to explore and capture underwater and topside stuff.

All of the above were huge hits for my (then) 12 year old granddaughter. She is SO ready to return!

Oh, the Tom’s Shop in Gustavia also has a variety of fun stuff for young ones…floaties, buckets, shovels, etc. They even have jigsaw puzzles for the Villa.

I see loads of amazing memories in your future.

Just got back with a 6 and an 8 year old. It was a blast. Prioritize Villa more than you typically do, so you can lounge around and enjoy the pool and views and still get to relax and enjoy your personal time. The only thing that i will tell you is the kids menu for children is a joke in St Barths. Bordering on awful. Other than that, it's amazing. Invest in some good snorkel and masks as that was my little ones favorite thing for the 7 days.

I ordered 3 kids steaks, on separate outings. They were literally my hamburger, without the bun. Lol. There were various other kids meals that were comical, based off the menu description and what came out.

I ordered 3 kids steaks, on separate outings. They were literally my hamburger, without the bun. Lol. There were various other kids meals that were comical, based off the menu description and what came out.

steak haché?

No idea, it was same size, round, and no bun. labeled "prime steak". In order to get the kids (what they believed to be a steak), you had to order off the normal menu. I figured this out after day 4.

Oh thank y'all so much! Lots of good ideas! We're actually staying by Flamands figuring that would be more enjoyable to be right by the beach for the kids. Usually we're up in the hills so this will be a whole new experience. Definitely hitting Pearl Beach as well so glad to hear everyone seems to enjoy seeing children there. We first dined there when it was La Plage on our honeymoon and have returned several times since so we have fond memories there and it will be wonderful to take our children! I have to say I'm surprised to hear the children's menus leave a bit to be desired. Our son has started ordering off adult menus sometimes so he may just do that-of course our wallets wish he would stick to the kid's menu!

Oh thank y'all so much! . . . I have to say I'm surprised to hear the children's menus leave a bit to be desired. Our son has started ordering off adult menus sometimes so he may just do that-of course our wallets wish he would stick to the kid's menu!

We all have experienced “growing-up!” A rite of passage to order like an adult! Sounds like a budding gourmand in the family!

We all have experienced “growing-up!” A rite of passage to order like an adult! Sounds like a budding gourmand in the family!

He really is! It started the summer during our Exuma vacation. We were dining at Staniel Cay and we had ordered the children's fish fingers for him. Once he saw our meals came with additional courses his didn't he was so disappointed. Thankfully we had a wonderful server that noticed him trying our dishes so she brought him his very own soup and salad course. Then I had to share my blackened mahi with him! Now he always looks at the adult menu first!

Our grandson Charlie now13 fondly remembers that at 8, Emanuel served him escargot and frog legs Provencal while we sat at the table by the lobster tank in RestaurantSanta Fe. He eats everything!