Ti’ Corail closes until October

JEK

Senior Insider
F22BEFDE-5BA3-4D37-B2CB-F4EF0879EDD6.jpeg

It seems like a very nice addition to the island resto scene.
Look forward to Albert’s what, third?, iteration soon (I hope).

Ti Corail, as I’ve previously written, is barely more than a stone’s throw from Villa CEC, so it has become by “go to” luncheon spot — even better that I generally walk there. I cannot say too much about Alice & Yann, who are terrific . . . especially as they struggle to find a nook or cranny to squeeze me into their limited seating. As long as I’m patient . . . and of course, a Ti Punch “greases the skids” as I sometimes have a short wait.

Saturday — closing luncheon — was packed . . . over 60 reservations “on the books.” Fortunately, I had reserved in advance, so my guest (a longtime friend of Yann’s) & I enjoyed seats at the kitchen counter . . . kibitzing with Yann & Alice throughout a tasty meal (pour moi, a mango & tomato salad in a citrus vinaigrette dressing & tuna and wahoo tartare on delicious fresh greens from the nearby nursery).

I will eagerly await my return in the Fall as #TiCorail re-opens.

Yeah, we hope to meet you there in spring, Dennis. Hopefully we will be able to get there via shorter path too.

We had lunch there on Sunday, 8/22, and Wednesday, 8/25. Both times were reserved in advance and we enjoyed Ti Corail immensely. It was definitely a bright spot during our trip with many of our favorite restaurants closed. Alice was very nice and we look forward to returning again on our next trip.

We never made it in July in part due to the road closure but we plan on trying it in Oct/Nov

If the Caramuche closure (I hope I spelled that correctly) is still there enjoy the beautiful drive around the southern part of the Island through Toiney. Breathtaking!
We never made it in July in part due to the road closure but we plan on trying it in Oct/Nov

If the Caramuche closure (I hope I spelled that correctly) is still there enjoy the beautiful drive around the southern part of the Island through Toiney. Breathtaking!

. . . still there! Expected to be until early November. And I'm on board with you . . . my beauty and pleasure that I find in driving along the Grand Fond "corniche" is exciting every time I take it -- 2 or 3 times/day.

We know that drive well and make it often. We just aren't interested in making it just to have lunch at Ti' Corail with so many other options. Our lunches are normally quick or eaten near where we spend that particular day. With no closure it's very convenient from Lorient. We'll wait it out...