SXM EHAS issues

ehardtke

SBH Member
I just was denied boarding for my flight home through SXM because my EHAS application never got approved. I applied yesterday and never received the approval (but did receive the confirmation of my application) so did it again after 12 hours then again at the airport at the urging of WinAir. Same issue each time. Never received the approval email. And because JetBlue’s website is having issues with issuing boarding passes I am unable to even go to SXM to show my paperwork in person. And even if the email arrives Winair and SBH Commuter are fully booked. Thankfully I was able to book a seat on Tradewind and then on United (not cheap though!) so I will get home tonight but just posting this as a lesson to all to apply well in advance. The problem however, has no solution as there is no customer service to call and WinAir is unable to help either. Hope this doesn’t happen to anyone else!!!:mad:

Very sorry for this trouble . . . it sounds, however, like you’re “making lemonade from the lemon” handed to you! Safe traveling!

with the ehas form, if you don't get a reply within 2 hours....you resubmit... no reply? wait another 2 hours, then resubmit. you keep doing this every 2 hours till you get a reply.

Wow sounds like you handled it well. Last a couple of months ago I was approved and Cheryl was not. She got a bit of a yuk yet we were not too happy. Had lunch at L’Rock went back to the villa submitted and was approved. A crap shoot. Hang in there and see you on the beach

I just was denied boarding for my flight home through SXM because my EHAS application never got approved. I applied yesterday and never received the approval (but did receive the confirmation of my application) so did it again after 12 hours then again at the airport at the urging of WinAir. Same issue each time. Never received the approval email. And because JetBlue’s website is having issues with issuing boarding passes I am unable to even go to SXM to show my paperwork in person. And even if the email arrives Winair and SBH Commuter are fully booked. Thankfully I was able to book a seat on Tradewind and then on United (not cheap though!) so I will get home tonight but just posting this as a lesson to all to apply well in advance. The problem however, has no solution as there is no customer service to call and WinAir is unable to help either. Hope this doesn’t happen to anyone else!!!:mad:

You can hit REPLY to any email from EHAS (even the application submitted notification) and ask them what the problem is. I've found them very helpful and quick to respond. You don't need to call them... just email!

You can hit REPLY to any email from EHAS (even the application submitted notification) and ask them what the problem is. I've found them very helpful and quick to respond. You don't need to call them... just email!

Such great advice! Thanks for the tip!

When we traveled there in July, a party of five with negative PCR tests all taken at the same place and time, four of us got approved by EHAS and one did not. Resubmitted her test (the same one previously submitted) and got approval back in two hours. :thinking1:

When we traveled there in July, a party of five with negative PCR tests all taken at the same place and time, four of us got approved by EHAS and one did not. Resubmitted her test (the same one previously submitted) and got approval back in two hours. :thinking1:

Important experience to describe!

Important experience to describe!

Computer systems. Can’t live with them can’t live without them. My son is heading to Italy today via London. UK system and Italian system required even though he is just in transit through London.
5CE77B6D-DF51-4858-A086-BFF66D42EB22.jpeg

Computer systems. Can’t live with them can’t live without them. My son is heading to Italy today via London. UK system and Italian system required even though he is just in transit through London.
View attachment 58805
I can't read that exactly because some goes off the page, but another oddity: If you are flying from the US to Italy you now need proof of vaccination AND a negative COVID test (antigen or PCR) within 72 hours of arrival to avoid quarantine. If you transit through the UK it needs to be within 48 hours even if you never leave the international security area. Then of course, like we read about here, the gate agents seem to decide whether it should be 48 hours or 72 hours and reports differ from different travelers. Always play it safe just in case.

Did your son make it ok? I think the new rule of needing both vaccination and negative test went into effect on 8/31 or maybe it was after 8/31 :thinking1:
Also, did he notice if they enforced the test as 48 hours or 72 hours?

I can't read that exactly because some goes off the page, but another oddity: If you are flying from the US to Italy you now need proof of vaccination AND a negative COVID test (antigen or PCR) within 72 hours of arrival to avoid quarantine. If you transit through the UK it needs to be within 48 hours even if you never leave the international security area. Then of course, like we read about here, the gate agents seem to decide whether it should be 48 hours or 72 hours and reports differ from different travelers. Always play it safe just in case.

Did your son make it ok? I think the new rule of needing both vaccination and negative test went into effect on 8/31 or maybe it was after 8/31 :thinking1:
Also, did he notice if they enforced the test as 48 hours or 72 hours?

No issues and they are enjoying Capri!

We are currently planning to come to SBH, probably through SXM, in early 2022, and when I looked at the EHAS form for SXM that you are obligated to fill out, there were 2 questions about your Hotel and Private Address in SXM, but we are not staying, just transiting. Can you just leave that blank? I did not see any specific question about transiting. Seems as though they would not process it if all were not filled in. This is rather confusing if you are not staying in SXM. Does anyone have any ideas/experience about how that works? Thank you in advance! Davesmom

When I did a test drive a few months ago I put "In transit to St Barth" in those spaces. It was accepted. As to which way the wind is blowing today, who knows.

We are currently planning to come to SBH, probably through SXM, in early 2022, and when I looked at the EHAS form for SXM that you are obligated to fill out, there were 2 questions about your Hotel and Private Address in SXM, but we are not staying, just transiting. Can you just leave that blank? I did not see any specific question about transiting. Seems as though they would not process it if all were not filled in. This is rather confusing if you are not staying in SXM. Does anyone have any ideas/experience about how that works? Thank you in advance! Davesmom

Leave those fields blank. When you enter your dates of arrival and departure, which will be the same if transiting on the same day, you will be presented with a question asking if you are transiting, as I recall from our July trip.