Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Is anyone booking for 2022 yet?

SBH Member Joined: May 2017 New York Posts: 295

Is anyone booking for 2022 yet?

Our February 2021 trip was cancelled. Luckily we received a full refund. We have postponed a trip we had to Anguilla 5 times due to their very difficult entry requirements. We are rebooked to Anguilla for Feb 2022 but think that may be too optimistic as well (current protocols would involve 5 tests for an 8 night stay plus $200 entry fee, quarantine until test on arrival received) . We will wait it out a bit ( probably early December) in hopes things get better but plan B would be to switch to SBH. Are people booking for 2022 yet? I haven’t been paying much attention to entry requirements but I don’t think they’re nearly as strict as Anguilla’s.

SBH Insider Joined: Feb 2016 Long Island Posts: 887

Re: Is anyone booking for 2022 yet?

We are in touch with our villa owner for July 2022. She is amazing. Totally understands the variables of the world wide situation. A verbal commitment. We will move forward as the situation improves.

Senior Insider Joined: Jan 2004 In the ether . . . Posts: 55,580

We haven’t booked yet, still a wait and see for us.
    The Marius 100th Birthday Party Memorial -- June 5, 2023

SBH Insider Joined: Jul 2007 Ailleurs Posts: 7,938

i was under the impression that there are lots of bookings for the new season this fall and winter. no ?
    Fils du Sud - Roi des Fils Verrouillés

If I can't wear my Havaianas, I ain't goin'...ÀMHA

K&K ?
    MB&R ?

SBH Member Joined: Jan 2011 NY, NY Posts: 328

We are fully book for mid March 2022. This is from the original rollover from March 2020 and then again March 2021. We have booked all our flights including St Barths Commuter. We will be there come hell or high water because we were informed this was the last rollover that they would permit. Hopefully the Christmas/New Years crowd won't blow it for us again.

SBH Insider Joined: Apr 2008 Glen Cove,L. I., NY Posts: 28,664

And, God willing,we plan to back in Lurin.
    Remember Yesterday, Dream About Tomorrow, But Live Today.

SBH Member Joined: Oct 2015 Mars,Pa Posts: 190

We are booked Jan 8-24!!

Quote Originally Posted by amyb View Post
    And, God willing,we plan to back in Lurin.
    we're counting on it !

Quote Originally Posted by cassidain View Post
    we're counting on it !
    Their fans demand it!

Senior Insider Joined: Apr 2004 Austin, TX Posts: 10,000

Quote Originally Posted by JEK View Post
    Their fans demand it!
    #onlyfans!

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    #onlyfans!
    live cam ?!

SBH Member Joined: Apr 2014 Southport, NC Posts: 54

We booked again at the same villa for 2 months in 2022. We were there this past summer, and had a fantastic time.

Senior Insider Joined: Jul 2003 Posts: 21,683

I predict that St Barth will be slammed over Thanksgiving. I predict that the next wave will come in about 1-2 weeks later.

SBH Member Joined: May 2017 New York Posts: 295

Quote Originally Posted by krand1 View Post
    We are fully book for mid March 2022. This is from the original rollover from March 2020 and then again March 2021. We have booked all our flights including St Barths Commuter. We will be there come hell or high water because we were informed this was the last rollover that they would permit. Hopefully the Christmas/New Years crowd won't blow it for us again.
    Exactly my fear… holiday crowds cause another shutdown or severe restrictions !

SBH Insider Joined: Nov 2010 Philadelphia and Fire Island, NY Posts: 1,138

We have reservations for late Feb. Keeping our fingers crossed.
    "I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy." - Dorothy Parker

SBH Insider Joined: Aug 2004 Oxford, Md. NYC Posts: 1,868

We are booked for the month of February. As Jim says, keeping our fingers crossed.

SBH Insider Joined: Jun 2014 Virginia Beach, VA Posts: 851

We are booked for Nov ‘21 and Mar ‘22. Will monitor the conditions and see if our trips are a go. Went in July and the COVID surge made getting there and back a little stressful.

SBH Insider Joined: Mar 2012 Posts: 1,058

Booked November, 2021 and April, 2022 for us...have postponed 4 times already...fingers crossed...
    Steve and Aimee

Booked December 9th 2021 for 2 weeks and April 2022 for 2 weeks. Visited 3 times since covid. Each time it was easier to navigate the ever changing guidelines.

We prepare most of our food at the villa with groceries from Marche U. We spend our days hiking or at different beaches. We might have a burger and frites outside at Le Select (missing the Presidente) or JoJo’s. Definitely pizza at Les Bananiers.

Bed by 930

I check this forum and social media frequently and thankful for informational updates. We should be getting our 3rd vaccination doses before our next trip and happily follow all protocols.

Very grateful for the opportunity to visit our favorite island. ��

SBH Member Joined: Feb 2007 Michigan Posts: 159

We are booked for 10 days in February. Looking forward to being back.

SBH Insider Joined: Feb 2015 Martinsville, NJ Posts: 2,170

We are booked for the last 10 days in April, 2022; the 3rd booking change for us. United and Tradewind flights booked, and Odile has our car rental all set. I am hoping and praying that this trip will be a go. Lurin, here we come…God willing!

Quote Originally Posted by Bilnan248 View Post
    We spend our days hiking or at different beaches.
    as hikers/walkers, I'm curious if most of your hiking is on paths or streets/sidewalks ?

SBH Insider Joined: Jul 2008 Posts: 7,203

. . . exciting to see bookings! I probably won’t be on the island in December, but November, late January / early February, & April are among my most favorite “season” times. Let’s meet!

We hike both ways to Colombier Beach from our Colombier villa. Down then back up through Flamands and vice versa. Many times all the way around with a dip in the ocean with a stop at Chez Rolande for a cool beverage.

There is a very challenging hill road by Le Pigeonare “River Rains??” that will kick your butt.

Of course, to the natural pools on Grand Fond.

We are always looking for new hikes. Maybe the road to Governour but I get nervous with the cars and the distracted drivers from the gorgeous views.

My wonderful husband made me a walking stick that is my constant companion. Our villa owner attached a leather strap for comfort.

Another reward, a cool, refreshing Mojito at Le Piment watching all the activity in St Jean.

Ah, I know that “death road” near La Pigeonnière”. Going down is scary. I don’t know if coming up is even possible on anything other than on foot or by donkey, but it would be a slow 4WD adventure climb. “Riverains” means Residents Only.

SBH Insider Joined: Jul 2008 Posts: 7,203

Quote Originally Posted by KevinS View Post
    Ah, I know that “death road” near La Pigeonnière”. Going down is scary. I don’t know if coming up is even possible on anything other than on foot or by donkey, but it would be a slow 4WD adventure climb. “Riverains” means Residents Only.
    It’s funny to know, Kevin, that when Jean Magras, former proprietor of Le Pigeonniere, finished school at 13 . . . living with his parents & large family only “a stone’s throw from “Riverains,” his graduation present was a donkey. I was privileged to enjoy friendship & many conversations with Jean in which he shared with me, among many other stories, how he was able to find an exploration of SBH on this donkey. The donkey only was supplanted when Marius Stakelborough got the first scooter on the island. It was 1957, and Marius & Jean, as close friends, explored nether reaches of the island on the scooter that they dubbed “Sputnik.” (For anyone who doesn’t understand the reference, please Google it.). Not so long ago, SBH still was undiscovered!

Too Funny!

Thanks, Kevin, for the correction!

We thought riverains was the name of the street! Regardless, it is a challenge to walk up, especially. We’ve encountered other walkers who mentioned that it a fitness challenge!

It’s a one way street and we’ve seen “residents” drive it with ease!

My only regret regarding Jean Magras is that I did not know him better. We talked from time to time, but not regularly. He was an interesting man, like Marius. I’m not even sure that I have a photo of the two of us. I’m pretty sure that I have a photo of him in a blue checked shirt - similar to what Marius sometimes wore. What was it about those shirts, LOL?

The only other road that I recall with a Riverains (residents only) sign is the one going from Grand Fond towards Saline, just before the hard left and massive hill climb. It’s a road into an otherwise no-exit residential area.

We stayed in Merlette eons ago and walked up and down that passage.
    A challenge for sure.
    I believe it may be the steepest on the island ? Seems like there’s a thread somewhere in archives à propos to that ?
    Dennis, your intimacy with the island continues to be a source of inspiration and admiration for all of us.