Lifting the curfew?

andynap

Senior Insider
DC6955E4-B57E-46C8-A19E-53ED8E0BADC9.jpeg
B5306013-B516-448E-98C7-26CC7E835B93.jpeg

Based on recent stats, St Barth has a better chance than St Martin of getting the curfew modified. Le Journal is reporting that the health state of emergency has been extended until September 15 in the Antilles. This afternoons announcement by the Prefét will perhaps tell us how that applies to St Barth.

Le Journal reports that restaurants which are still open are starting service at 6PM. Le Journal is also reporting that some people are crisscrossing the island to go to private parties, while others are starting their parties at 3AM, the end time for the current curfew.

It has been interesting to me in the past week to see how the 6 - 8 PM window for restaurant dining has become very pleasant. A cocktail in the hour before heading to dinner — particularly if enjoyed in the pool — is a very comfortable start to changed circumstances. Moreover, two hours — more or less — is adequate time to pleasurably enjoy a starter, main course, & dessert . . . with a bottle of wine & convivial conversation. Returning home about 8, I’ve relaxed with a digestif & more pool time (the recent full moon has been stunning) . . . a little reading . . . and new episodes of “Grace & Frankie!” Getting to bed (& more sleep) earlier than in the days of 8 PM dinner reservations. Perhaps it’s a reflection of aging that I feel this way . . . whatever, I’m not minding it.

. . . Le Journal is also reporting that some people are crisscrossing the island to go to private parties, while others are starting their parties at 3AM, the end time for the current curfew.
. An interesting note, Kevin . . . I’ve similarly heard these stories — mostly of young people heading to villa parties at 8 PM that continue to 3 AM when they can return to the road & go home. Aaahhhh, youth — adaptable & resourceful!

Bruno hates this curfew, we will see later today how much influence he has on the prefet. Bruno would like automony for the island in regards to health. and as far as the parties from 8 to 3, and yes its happening all the island. not just the younger folks. the tourists in the villas have gotten on board with this too.

Apparently the curfew has just been pushed back to 10pm as tonight, so the restaurants will be pleased... I haven't seen it in print yet but that's the word on the coconut telegraph...

Apparently the curfew has just been pushed back to 10pm as tonight, so the restaurants will be pleased... I haven't seen it in print yet but that's the word on the coconut telegraph...
. . . and when has it ever been wrong!

yep, looks that way. I called for rezzies at arawak and they already knew, so I was good for eating at 7. how could they know before le journal...lol

That is great to hear. Hopefully it is announced as official

The curfew has been extended to September 3.

The hours on St Martin remain 20:00 (8PM) until 03:00 (3AM).

The hours on St Barth are modified to be 22:00 (10PM) until 03:00 (3AM).

34DD536A-D450-4630-B82A-879559A0BE94.jpeg

(Mostly) Google translation of the Prefét's order:

COVID-19 / EXTENDED CURFEW
UNTIL FRIDAY SEPTEMBER 3, 2021

The latest data from Public Health France confirms a tendency for the number of Covid-19 cases to be stabilized in the northern islands, at a high rate for Saint-Martin, confirming a strong circulation of the virus in the territory with 220 new cases on the territory from August 16 to 22, 2021.

In Saint-Barthélemy, the health situation continues to improve, however 40 new cases were recorded over the same period.

As a result, the current curfew from 8:00 p.m. to 3:00 a.m. is extended until Friday September 3, 2021 for Saint-Martin and from 10:00 p.m. to 3:00 a.m. for Saint-Barthélemy, in accordance with the prefectural decree of August 27, 2021.

The mobilization of all has made it possible to contain the increase in cases. To cut short the false information, no containment is envisaged.

As a reminder, since Monday August 16, 2021, people who wish to be vaccinated can go to the Louis Constant Fleming Hospital Center in Concordia, preferably by making an appointment on the website www.sante.fr or by making it on site without an appointment.
Everyone's efforts, in strict compliance with barrier gestures, must continue for the fight against the Covid-19 virus to be effective.