Nice overview of the island-

A bad one.
Hop did you even read this before posting?

• Carnivals – St. Barts hosts its carnival in February and there are colorful parades all over the streets of the capital Gustavia. There is also a lot of local food, music, and displays that show off the culture of the people.
  • except when it is in March!
14ED8147-E143-49B4-A22B-1E92A040D233.jpg

[h=2]Transport[/h]St. Barts doesn't have its own airport so most flights land on the Dutch side of the neighboring island of St. Martin and then you can take a 15-minute helicopter ride to St.Barts. Alternatively, you can take a 45-minute ferry ride to the island as well.

I'd say the writer has never visited the island, he cites the shell museum in Corossol as something to visit, but it has been closed for years, and the airport blunder is really perplexing, anyone who sets foot on land here can't miss it, unless they don't leave Gustavia... so much for fact checking...

By the year 1960, the island began to look into tourism as a source of income since it had such few economic prospects.” . . . really? Never heard this before . . . quite farsighted.

Uuummmmmm . . . not quite so sure of this: “. . .
the island is actually quite accessible for people from every class.“

Lorient is the oldest village? Why did I think that it was Corossol?

. . . nicely written — comfortable style (even with factual inaccuracies).

My suggestion:

Limit the number of times ANY poster whom is not a mod can start a new topic per week. I might suggest no more than 3 posts per week unless of an earthquake/ hurricane etc. that should cut down on the overzealous posting. it looks like boredom may be in the pilot's seat here regardless of the good intentions.

"A decent-sized apartment with basic amenities will cost you around $970 for a month". Not on Flamands, which by the way is "
perfect for swimming as it's waters are very calm.
"

A dying art=fact checking. Also editing if you want another.

What are they teaching in Journalism Classes, I wonder?

This article is like reading a book report from someone who didn't actually read the book... :thinking1:

C’mon!
I read it and started with a timer to see who would read it and respond first. We were all betting on JEK, Andy and Diane.
Didn’t expect Ellen and Dennis to jump in so quickly. Amy chimed in as well.
As always let’s keep the posts about the subject matter and not personal about one another. The personal comments from the two above were anticipated.
This was my diversion for all of you similar to JEK’s beer joke diversion, which is a good one bye the way!
:blush-smile:

A dying art=fact checking. Also editing if you want another.

What are they teaching in Journalism Classes, I wonder?

I think it actually might have been written by an AI bot. Look at the other entries for different regions - very similar. Hop nice try on “it was a test to see who would respond first” :biglaugh:

My suggestion:

Limit the number of times ANY poster whom is not a mod can start a new topic per week. I might suggest no more than 3 posts per week unless of an earthquake/ hurricane etc. that should cut down on the overzealous posting. it looks like boredom may be in the pilot's seat here regardless of the good intentions.

Yours is not the first time that I have heard a similar suggestion in PMs, emails, and FB messages. With respect, I won’t share some of the words used, none of which are complimentary.

just did a little arithmetic on myself and other forum members. I average 11 posts per week. another poster I tracked averages almost 30 per week.

will play around to see what seems typical.

at 11, I feel like I post a good bit. maybe I'm bored :cool:

but not as bored as some . . .

The tortured sentence structure, elementary grammar, and vague (and often nonexistent) punctuation make this blog particularly annoying for me to read.

Why all of the outright bashing? Call out the article for problems and in this case outright errors, sure, but the poster attacks here are a little over the top. Usually message boards limit the amount of new threads or posts when there is an issue of spamming or trolling, not because someone wants to contribute.