Nice overview of the island-

C’mon!
I read it and started with a timer to see who would read it and respond first. We were all betting on JEK, Andy and Diane.
Didn’t expect Ellen and Dennis to jump in so quickly. Amy chimed in as well.
As always let’s keep the posts about the subject matter and not personal about one another. The personal comments from the two above were anticipated.
This was my diversion for all of you similar to JEK’s beer joke diversion, which is a good one bye the way!
:blush-smile:

So..you KNOWINGLY posted "fake news" as a joke/test? Not cool, Hopper. Be better!

Why all of the outright bashing? Call out the article for problems and in this case outright errors, sure, but the poster attacks here are a little over the top. Usually message boards limit the amount of new threads or posts when there is an issue of spamming or trolling, not because someone wants to contribute.
Because the article is trash.

If one wants to "contribute" with accurate information, fine. This is trash not helpful to the longtime member or casual reader.

Also, with the daily blitz of his posts, it is forum graffiti.

If one wants to "contribute" with accurate information, fine. This is trash not helpful to the longtime member or casual reader.

:up:

:up::up::up:

So delete the post, but personal attacks on the poster when there was zero ill intent is not called for IMO

I think it was a mistake to call it a "nice overview" if the OP didn't believe it. In my time here, there have been more than a few articles posted which seemed to be written by writers who had never set foot on the island. The difference is, those articles were questioned from the outset. The backpedal by the OP didn't help.

I also think limiting the amount of posts allowed is a mistake. The site only has about 6-10 active posters keeping it alive on a daily basis. Limiting them would lead to the site becoming less useful.

Eddie, thank you for adding your voice to the forum. I am taking your post as a very good sign thst you are recovering from your recent surgery. I am happy to see that healing.

Eddie, thank you for adding your voice to the forum. I am taking your post as a very good sign thst you are recovering from your recent surgery. I am happy to see that healing.
My thoughts exactly, Ames!

Big hugs, Eddie.

Amy and Chop- Recovery is moving along. Today was exactly 3 weeks since the surgery. I've been getting in a few 10-15 minute walks (when the weather and extreme heat/humidity cooperate). Still, I'm amazed at what modern medicine is capable of. To go from a heart/lung machine to caring for myself, and walking, in 21 days is remarkable. Once I can drive again (about 3 weeks) I'll really feel on the road to recovery. I expect to go back to work, part time, at the beginning of October, and get my darkroom up and running by November.

Eddie, great to see all this progress. What a journey. But the bottom line is us your fantastic comeback is impressive. Keep it up.

Amy and Chop- Recovery is moving along. Today was exactly 3 weeks since the surgery. I've been getting in a few 10-15 minute walks (when the weather and extreme heat/humidity cooperate). Still, I'm amazed at what modern medicine is capable of. To go from a heart/lung machine to caring for myself, and walking, in 21 days is remarkable. Once I can drive again (about 3 weeks) I'll really feel on the road to recovery. I expect to go back to work, part time, at the beginning of October, and get my darkroom up and running by November.

:up: