Rest In Peace- Rolling Stone- Charlie Watts

Re: Rest In Peace- Rolling Stone- Charlie Watt

Charlie Watts

Screen Shot 2021-08-24 at 1.20.57 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2021-08-24 at 1.21.11 PM.jpg

This really hurts. May he Rest In Peace

One of the best things about Charlie Watts?
He met his future wife Shirley before The Rolling Stones even formed. They got married in 1964.
57 years.

E5B33C05-993F-4B85-9949-E0338029C417.jpeg

A sad day for us- probably our favorite Rock and Roll band. I saw them probably 5 or 6 times. I remember the summer when Satisfaction came out- what a song! :sad1:

Our grandson Max knew all the words and sang it when he was two and a half! Brown Sugar too.

8F861E43-49D6-44C4-8601-2B6CE0C60D8C.jpeg

Stayed at the same hotel with the group in Paris (2017) and got this shot of him getting a gift as he got into his car. Hotel room 128!

I had a date at one of their concerts (showing my age) with Diane Linkletter (late daughter of Art). The seats flipped up when one stood up. She was so excited she jumped up way in the air; the seat flipped up and down she came to sit down with no seat. OOPS! She was injured but not enough to leave the concert.

He always wore better suits than I did. The gentleman of percussion. Who kicked arse! Timing and technique. 80 & married for 57 years and always smiled and took care of family & animals. What a legacy.

Sigh...

Perfect, Voosh. Thank you.

Our local public radio music station played Stones songs all night yesterday, interspersed with tributes and musicians influenced by them. Lots of good tributes on social media. I also loved this quote from Keith regarding Charlie:

“Everybody thinks Mick and Keith are the Rolling Stones. If Charlie wasn’t doing what he’s doing on drums, that wouldn’t be true at all. You’d find out that Charlie Watts is the Stones.” from 1979