Coral Restoration Cleanup

JEK

Senior Insider
828A34A8-1A87-40A8-BAE6-35CD1A3D2C64.jpeg514D03B6-712D-48BA-B801-3AFCD656E6BC.jpeg33A011AB-D3EC-499F-B6FF-B9D631CF7CA9.jpeg

The saddest part of this cleanup is that it isn’t the first, it’s not even the first this year, and there will be many more.

There are a couple of big wooden bins along the Côte Sauvage, one near the start of the trail to Washing Machine. Hikers who want to help with the cleanup can pick up some of the trash that they find along the way and dispose of it in the bins. The bins are there all year. Coral Restoration empties them when they are full.

50FA3A38-E81B-41A8-AF87-3DC6528B4077.jpeg

Words to live by in our family have always been LEAVE THE CAMPSITE CLEANER THAN YOU FOUND IT!

Based on most of Didier’s reports the campsites are on the other side of the Atlantic!

If you see it pick it up! Origin is not the issue. Taking care of the environment is.

If you see it pick it up! Origin is not the issue. Taking care of the environment is.

Can't disagree with that, but much of what they do is out of sight - accessible for pickup by boat only. True environmentalists clean what normally can't be seen!

A number of years ago I sailed my sailboat from North Carolina to Anguilla, and eventually to St. Barts. Most of it was bluewater sailing several hundred miles offshore and I was surprised how many flourescent tubes are bobbing along on the waves in the middle of nowhere. I assume they are tossed overboard from the cruise ships.