eMed Experience

zin

SBH Insider
I purchased a six pack from eMed as backup covid test for our upcoming trip. I am hearing a lot of complaints about wait times for the face to face as required for the testing. Can anyone else share their experiences?

I used the same product. Very happy with it. Was 6 weeks ago, but no wait for the on line face to face part. The app also was easy to navigate

We used their service at 9pm on a Thursday before outbound flight and 5pm on a Thursday for returning flight. Longest wait was 4 minutes to start the test.
This was 6/24 and 7/8/2021. We were very pleased with the service

We will be using it Monday morning for a Tuesday return to the US. I’ll let you know how it goes in these busy times.

We used their service at 9pm on a Thursday before outbound flight and 5pm on a Thursday for returning flight. Longest wait was 4 minutes to start the test.
This was 6/24 and 7/8/2021. We were very pleased with the service

So the eMed test be used for entry into SBH (via SXM) AND the homeward USA bound flight?

We took our emed covid test this morning at the villa and it couldn’t have been easier or faster. 20 minutes total time from calling them to having our results. Based on our experience, I would highly recommend them.

We took our emed covid test this morning at the villa and it couldn’t have been easier or faster. 20 minutes total time from calling them to having our results. Based on our experience, I would highly recommend them.

Thank you!

Just completed the eMed test in Villa. Very easy and quick. I would recommend this. Two negative results!!!!

I purchased a six pack from eMed as backup covid test for our upcoming trip. I am hearing a lot of complaints about wait times for the face to face as required for the testing. Can anyone else share their experiences?

Zin, DCTraveler, (Jeanette, Izzy), wondering if you used this testing product primarily to assist with travel testing requirements and/or your sense of its reliability for results validity. Asking for a friend, who is traveling domestically, and wondering about using this product, or a similar one, for testing on arrival, after a flight, for personal assurance.

And, does anyone know if there is a difference between this test (sold in a six pack) and the 2 pack version sold at CVS? abbott-binaxnow-covid-19-antigen-self-test-2-tests-for-serial-testing-prodid-550147

Zin, DCTraveler, (Jeanette, Izzy), wondering if you used this testing product primarily to assist with travel testing requirements and/or your sense of its reliability for results validity. Asking for a friend, who is traveling domestically, and wondering about using this product, or a similar one, for testing on arrival, after a flight, for personal assurance.

And, does anyone know if there is a difference between this test (sold in a six pack) and the 2 pack version sold at CVS? abbott-binaxnow-covid-19-antigen-self-test-2-tests-for-serial-testing-prodid-550147

I don't believe there is any difference in the six pack or the two pack. They are made by the same company. We got them solely for travel. We got a PCR test locally at our PCP prior to travel and took these with us for the antigen test right in our villa mostly for convenience and to avoid exposure by having to go to the pharmacy. I think it is reliable but I'm certainly no expert. They would work great for any reason you wanted a test and for the reasons in your question. The only issue was using a laptop and having to hold it at weird angles so the proctor could see the results and the QR Code. You couldn't touch the test to hold it up to the camera and it had to be flat on a surface.

I don't believe there is any difference in the six pack or the two pack. They are made by the same company. We got them solely for travel. We got a PCR test locally at our PCP prior to travel and took these with us for the antigen test right in our villa mostly for convenience and to avoid exposure by having to go to the pharmacy. I think it is reliable but I'm certainly no expert. They would work great for any reason you wanted a test and for the reasons in your question. The only issue was using a laptop and having to hold it at weird angles to the proctor could see the results and the QR Code. You couldn't touch the test to hold it up to the camera and it had to be flat on a surface.

Thanks. Very helpful.

Its the same test. The six pack that United Airlines sold us for international travel is the same one you can buy over the counter. The difference is that the ones for travel certification don’t come with published instructions with the expectation you are doing the test supervised on line. Still a good product and very easy to use. Frankly, brought a couple of extras and self tested before we did the supervised one.

Its the same test. The six pack that United Airlines sold us for international travel is the same one you can buy over the counter. The difference is that the ones for travel certification don’t come with published instructions with the expectation you are doing the test supervised on line. Still a good product and very easy to use. Frankly, brought a couple of extras and self tested before we did the supervised one.

Sounds like a great idea (sample testing). Thanks, DCTravler.

Brilliant!