No Health Pass For St Barthélemy and St Martin - Yet

KevinS

Senior Insider
Google translate:

[COVID-19] - DETAILS ON THE ESTABLISHMENT OF THE MEDICAL PASS IN Overseas Communities.
The law of August 5, 2021 relating to the management of the health crisis establishes the implementation of the health pass throughout the national territory from Monday, August 9, 2021.

The decree of August 7, 2021 specifies the conditions of application to Saint-Barthélemy and Saint-Martin. Thus, in overseas communities, the State representative is empowered to take measures to adapt to the health pass according to local circumstances.

The Prefect of Saint-Barthélemy and Saint-Martin to date has not decided on its implementation in our territories. When this proves useful, he will not fail to consult widely elected officials, socio-professional actors and representatives of civil society.

Original text:

[ COVID-19 ] - PRÉCISIONS SUR L’INSTAURATION DU PASSE SANITAIRE DANS LES COLLECTIVITÉS D’OUTRE-MER.
La loi du 5 août 2021 relative à la gestion de la crise sanitaire instaure la mise en place du passe sanitaire sur l’ensemble du territoire national dès le lundi 9 août 2021.

Le décret du 7 août 2021 en précise les conditions d’application à Saint-Barthélemy et à Saint-Martin. Ainsi, dans les collectivités d’outre-mer le représentant de l’État est habilité à prendre des mesures d’adaptation au passe sanitaire en fonction des circonstances locales.

Le Préfet de Saint-Barthélemy et de Saint-Martin à ce jour n’a pas décidé sa mise en place sur nos territoires. Lorsque cela s’avérera utile, il ne manquera pas de consulter largement les élus, les acteurs socio-professionnels et les représentants de la société civile.

My niece traveled to France for two weeks over the weekend. She had to get a health pass today to be able to dine in restaurants and said it was easy to get in a local pharmacy after showing their vaccine credentials.

I have been researching this for a USA friend who is going to France. Not all pharmacies are capable of getting you into the system and giving you a QR code: I read about a particular person who was not able find a pharmacie in Nice who was able to help or had any idea what he was talking about: he went to 8 of them. So it really depends upon where you are going in France. It is not clear from the Embassy information about where to go to get this QR code/app where they can enter your info into their system. So glad Jeanette's friend had no trouble!

I have been researching this for a USA friend who is going to France. Not all pharmacies are capable of getting you into the system and giving you a QR code: I read about a particular person who was not able find a pharmacie in Nice who was able to help or had any idea what he was talking about: he went to 8 of them. So it really depends upon where you are going in France. It is not clear from the Embassy information about where to go to get this QR code/app where they can enter your info into their system. So glad Jeanette's friend had no trouble!

This link takes you to a very good explanation of the vagaries of an American getting the French pass.

https://parisbymouth.com/how-to-transform-your-american-vaccination-card-into-a-french-health-pass/