Latest on Covid policies re Villa and Hotel Room Payments/Deposits

stbartshopper

Senior Insider
Given the 10pm- 5am ‘curfew’, compelling reasons for unvaccinated and who knows what possible further restrictions, what are the rental agencies (Wimco etc.), Hotels and Villa owners policies on cancellations?
For example, the previous thread suggests the Pearl Beach position is- you don’t come you forfeit all of your deposit/payment no matter the situation.

Let’s go a step further- Bruno and all of the nearby islands put a halt on all travel regardless of vaccination status except for compelling reasons?

Let’s go a step further- Bruno and all of the nearby islands put a halt on all travel regardless of vaccination status except for compelling reasons?

correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it la préfecture and not le shérif who is writing the rules regarding this situation?

correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it la préfecture and not le shérif who is writing the rules regarding this situation?

yes but in consultation with the island and the regional health agency, which is perhaps how we escaped with only a 10pm curfew while Guadeloupe and Martinique are in lockdown and the restaurants close at 8pm which effectively means they can't serve dinner..

I see coming to a Caribbean Island near you that Florida trend..EARLY BIRD DINNERS.

I see coming to a Caribbean Island near you that Florida trend..EARLY BIRD DINNERS.

Amy, I love early bird dinners! actually even with the 10 pm curfew, they cannot serve till then because they need time to clean up and allow time for their staff to travel home right? so perhaps everyone will start eating dinner at six? might be a new trend.

Amy, I love early bird dinners! actually even with the 10 pm curfew, they cannot serve till then because they need time to clean up and allow time for their staff to travel home right? so perhaps everyone will start eating dinner at six? might be a new trend.

I think workers can get a paper from their employer if they need to be out after 10pm or before 5am - I imagine bakers and fishermen start their day before 5am?

My bride and I thought we would beat the crowd on Longboat Key by arriving at the Lazy Lobster when they opened at 4:30 for dinner. An hour wait for a table! LOL

No comments though on what Wimco, hotels, villas policies are now for Covid stricken and no compelling reason and will be if worse restrictions occur?

yes but in consultation with the island and the regional health agency, which is perhaps how we escaped with only a 10pm curfew while Guadeloupe and Martinique are in lockdown and the restaurants close at 8pm which effectively means they can't serve dinner..

that makes sense. I am sure the workers will have a paper if they are out after curfew, but the patrons may have a problem. if it were me, it takes at least 15 minutes to get home at night. so by the time I walked to my car, another ten minutes because there normally is not a spot near where I am eating in town unless its le repaire. so I would have to keep checking my watch and leave around 9:30. doable, but I hate checking the time.

that makes sense. I am sure the workers will have a paper if they are out after curfew, but the patrons may have a problem. if it were me, it takes at least 15 minutes to get home at night. so by the time I walked to my car, another ten minutes because there normally is not a spot near where I am eating in town unless its le repaire. so I would have to keep checking my watch and leave around 9:30. doable, but I hate checking the time.
Probably too early to ask this, but do you expect to find yourself planning on going out to eat earlier or just going out to eat less often because of this new rule?

I know some places try to have two separate seatings (can make a reso for 7:00ish or 9:00). I guess they may move it to 6 and 8? Or since slow season no need?