Room Available at Pearl Beach August 12-22

LizP

Hi - We were scheduled to stay in St. Barths at Pearl Beach from August 12-22 but cancelled due to the current situation and the safety of our unvaccinated babies. While Pearl Beach will not offer us an outright credit for a future stay, they will do so for any days they are able to re-sell the room. If anyone you know may be interested in staying any nights, their email address is hotel@pearlbeachstbarth.com. I have been working with Azilis (front desk manager).

Thanks!

Thanks and agreed. I was a bit surprised they weren't able to offer some good will since we’ve been there many times before and would have continued going for many more years to come if this wasn't the case.

Yes, unvaccinated for Covid since you need to be 12+. Not a big issue when it was Level 1 but now it's Level 4. Were you looking for a room or just confused by the post??? Let me know!

LizP- We have found communicating by phone with the top person, rather than by email with the reservation desk person, pays ‘dividends.’ Have you already contacted Pearl Beach in this manner? Sometimes if the owner general manager knows your situation, especially given your long loyalty to Pearl Beach an accommodation might be made for you and your family for a future visit or even a refund.

Thank you. Yes, we've called twice, but, as you mention, we probably were not speaking with the appropriate person. We'll try one more time!

Hi all - Pearl Beach reached out this afternoon and is offering me a partial credit, which is fantastic. I'm very grateful and can't wait to return. Stay safe!!

[We didn't have cancel for any reason insurance so our insurance didn't cover it.]

I applaud your perseverance. Good job and thanks for reporting back the result.

We found years ago that trip insurance is so filled with exceptions that it never seemed to cover our situation. Others swear by it. We swear at it.

Some hotels are offering their own cancel for any covid reason refund policy and I'd encourage anyone booking to seek those places out in this current climate.