News of the Day-8/5

andynap

Senior Insider
COVID-19 local information / STRENGTHENING OF MEASURES IN THE FIGHT AGAINST COVID-19
Communiqué from the Prefecture of Wednesday August 4, 2021:
The latest data from Public Health France show a sharp increase in the number of positive cases for covid in Saint Mar - tin (138 during the week of July 26 to August 1 against 63 the previous week). The Louis Constant Fleming hospital still receives a large number of patients, with 13 people as of August 4 in the covid unit. Two deaths are to be deplored in two weeks. In Saint-Barthélemy, the number of covid cases also increased sharply with 170 new cases from July 19 to 25 and 167 from July 26 to August 1. The incidence rate reached 1705/100 000 inhabitants and the positivity rate 8.4%. As the health situations in Guadeloupe and Martinique have deteriorated for several weeks and our hospital system cannot cope alone, the Prefect of Saint Barthélemy and Saint Martin has decided to introduce additional measures to curb the spread of the virus on our islands. Establishment of a curfew on the islands of Saint-Barthélemy and Saint-Martin from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. From Thursday 5 August and until Friday 20 August at 5 a.m., a curfew is in place on both islands from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. in order to limit travel and gatherings which increase the risk of con- tamination. Travel will be prohibited from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m., except for compelling reasons (1). People having to travel to these time slots must have a special certificate and supporting documents to justify their situation. This certificate is available on the Prefecture website: www.saint-barth-saint-martin.gouv.fr. For business trips, a certificate must be signed by the employer; it will be valid for the entire curfew period. Restaurants and drinking establishments will be able to welcome customers until this time in accordance with the sanitary protocol. In addition, all demonstrations are prohibited until Friday, August 20, with the exception, however, of demonstrations on the public highway cited in Articles L.211-1 et seq. of the Internal Security Code.
The practices of sporting activities are tolerated behind closed doors.
The sale of alcohol to take away and its consumption on the public highway remains prohibited from 6 pm. (1) With the exception of urgent business, health and family travel, assistance to vulnerable or precarious people, childcare, people with disabilities and their companions, general interest missions at the request of the administrative authority, related to airport transfers or transits, or for the needs of pets.

STRENGTHENING OF ENTRY CONDITIONS IN SAINT-BARTHÉLEMY AND SAINT-MARTIN In order to limit the spread of the virus between the islands of Saint-Barthélemy and Saint-Martin, the Préfet has decided that travelers by sea will now have to present: • either a complete vaccination status, • or the result of a negative antigen or PCR test, have a compelling reason and respect a 7-day isolation on arrival in the territory. In addition, as a reminder, travelers from Sint Maarten (via Juliana airport or the maritime shuttles) or another country classified as “orange” in the direction of Saint-Barthélemy must, if they are not vaccinated: • present the result of a negative antigen or PCR test, • have a compelling reason • and respect a 7-day isolation on arrival in the territory. The other provisions relating to travel remain unchanged.

TOKYO 2020 Olympic Games The French delegation has a total of 25 medals: • 6 Gold medals: Rowing, Fencing (2), Judo (2), Shooting. • 10 Silver medals: Fencing (2), Judo (3), Rowing, Sails (2), Rugby sevens, Swimming • 9 Bronze medals: Judo (3), Fencing, Taekwondo, Triathlon, Equitation, Cycling, Veil.

THE SAUR COUPURE D'EAU Lurin / Gouverneur sector: due to scheduled maintenance on the Lurin drinking water tank, a water cut is scheduled from Friday August 6 at 7 a.m. until Sunday August 8 in the morning.

Do I read correctly- if by sea- must have a compelling reason in addition to negative test or vacc. Certificate?

only if you are not vaccinated do you need a compelling reason.. I think they finally figured out the back door was wide open so rules and regulations made no sense....

A few days ago someone posted that there were a lot of people coughing at the testing center. That sounds like it may have been a super spreader event.

"they" are the ones that did not enforce it via the boat last time, doubtful anything will change.. I will let you know as I have friends coming in next week via the boat.

My forecast- it won’t be enforced by sea- BUT- if I were coming from abroad I can’t rely on that ‘uncertainty’ with a risk of being turned away. :thinking1: