press release regarding new measures for St. Barth & St. Martin

didier

Senior Insider
Press Release info:

results.jpg

Google Translate:

[COVID-19 / Press release]

Establishment of the state of health emergency in Saint-Barthélemy and Saint-Martin

The Senate decided to adopt a state of health emergency in Saint-Barthélemy and Saint-Martin until September 30, 2021. This context allows the Prefect to have more flexibility in the application of national measures at the local level, making it possible to alleviate or worsen depending on the health situation.

A state of health emergency is occurring on our islands in order to protect our health system. The Louis Constant Fleming Hospital remains strongly mobilized and now welcomes 11 patients in the dedicated covid department. The health situation in Saint-Martin is stable, but serious forms requiring hospitalization remain high. None of the people hospitalized is vaccinated.

In Saint-Barthélemy, the situation deteriorated sharply last week, following the emergence of clusters among seasonal workers from mainland France who spread the virus during festive activities. For this reason, the Prefect of Saint Barthélemy and Saint Martin has decided to close nightclubs as of today in order to contain the chains of contamination. The use of dance floors in drinking establishments is also prohibited in Saint Barthélemy, as in Saint Martin.

The Prefect recalls that the best way to protect yourself from the epidemic is to be vaccinated. The Galisbay vaccinodrome is open Monday to Saturday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. until August 15.

thanks Kevin, I have learned to read french well, but I should of went to google translate before posting here. right now the only thing that is closed here on the island is nightclubs...and of course there could be no drinking and dancing on the quai. everything else is open, no health passes required as yet.

I will tell you this, I've never seen so many coughing people in my life today at the testing locations. It was a chorus of hackingll level coughs for over and hour. The line at the red cross was 2 hours.

What establishments are considered nightclubs on the island?
Modjo? Skybar? l’Oubli possibly? Bagatelle?
Some serve food but also have dancing later on like La Guerite?

. . . wondering the same thing. Maybe it’s a classification for a commercial license.

modjo definitely...bagatelle is a restaurant as is La guerite. L'Oubli is a restaurant. is skybar even open , it may be considered a nightclub

However- Bagatelle, La Guerite and even BAZ offer dancing with DJs or a band at BAZ later in the evening. Believe La Ti hasn’t reopened?
We will see.:blush-smile:

I will tell you this, I've never seen so many coughing people in my life today at the testing locations. It was a chorus of hackingll level coughs for over and hour. The line at the red cross was 2 hours.

TR, I sent you a pm.

i've heard before leaving the island that modjo and nikki were the 2 clusters... 102 new cases in saint barth in 5 days