Thread: Thanks SBHOnlne!

SBH New Member Joined: Jun 2021 Chagrin Falls, OH Posts: 7

Thanks SBHOnlne!

My wife and I returned yesterday from a glorious week in St Barth celebrating our 40th wedding anniversary.

I wanted to thank those who take the time to maintain this site and all who post to these forums. This is an invaluable resource for those of us who are 1st time visitors to St Barth and your recommendations (Tamarin, Eddy's, Bonito), tips (absolutely rent a car), and the countless suggestions and advice that are regularly posted here contributed greatly to the enjoyment of our stay this past week.

And, hoping to not sound like an infomercial, I can't recommend highly enough Eden Rock Villa Rental, who arranged our accommodations (and our personal concierge, Ghali, who looked after our every need) and Antione from ChefsXO who prepared a marvelous meal at our villa (the roasted sea bass and crusted lamb chops were out of this world).

We understand why St Barth is so special to you all and can't wait to return.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

SBH Insider Joined: Jul 2008 Posts: 6,960

Re: Thanks SBHOnlne!

It's always wonderful to read the enthusiasm of SBH visitors . . . and the kudos to folks that you mention are so well deserved! We'll hope to read more from you in months ahead!

Senior Insider Joined: Jul 2003 Posts: 21,557

Thanks, KRS!

A report from a new visitor is always welcome, as it gives all of us a chance to see the island again through “fresh eyes”.

Thanks also for your mention of Chefs XO providing in-villa Chef Services. I had forgotten that their original intent was to provide Chef Services, but that they, in part, did a post-Irma pivot. I think highly of having an in-villa chef for a special dinner, and have other chefs who I have used. They’re not always available, so being aware of another choice is a good thing.

SBH Insider Joined: Apr 2008 Glen Cove,L. I., NY Posts: 28,428

Krs..thanks for the praise.
    During these rough travel times it is nice to know that this WIMCO site works for those planning and actually arriving here.

Did you plan your next trip?
    Remember Yesterday, Dream About Tomorrow, But Live Today.

SBH Insider Joined: Dec 2013 Indianapolis, Indiana, U.S.A. Posts: 11,317

krs-
    Glad you had a wonderful 40th anniversary trip!

SBH Insider Joined: Feb 2016 Long Island Posts: 827

Thanks for the smiles

Senior Insider Joined: Jan 2004 In the ether . . . Posts: 55,174

Quote Originally Posted by amyb View Post
    Krs..thanks for the praise.
    During these rough travel times it is nice to know that this WIMCO site works for those planning and actually arriving here.

Did you plan your next trip?
    +1
    The Marius 100th Birthday Party Memorial -- June 5, 2023

SBH Insider Joined: Dec 2005 CT Posts: 1,161

How wonderful! (and) Happy Anniversary!

SBH Insider Joined: Dec 2013 Indianapolis, Indiana, U.S.A. Posts: 11,317

Glad the Forum was of help to your happiness!

SBH New Member Joined: Jul 2021 Posts: 2

I am completely new to this forum but I also want to echo those in this thread. This forum was so helpful in planning our first trip to SBH! Thank you to those maintaining and answering ALL of the topics.

SBH Insider Joined: Feb 2015 Martinsville, NJ Posts: 2,128

Happy 40th anniversary! You couldn't have spent it in a better place, and glad you had a great experience.

SBH Insider Joined: Jul 2007 Austin, Texas Posts: 17,822

So glad to hear you made wonderful memories. Add my wishes for continued happiness to these others!
    The waves of the sea bring me back to me.

SBH Insider Joined: Apr 2004 Posts: 1,911

Félicitations on your 40 years!!! What a wonderful trip and we wish you every happiness on the happiest place on Earth (for most of us!-hint: it is NOT Disneyland!)
    Strangers are friends you haven't met yet.