Boat to Colombier

Oscar3388

Does anyone know a reasonable price to charter a boat to drop my wife and I off at Colombier beach and come back later that day to pick us up? Not looking for a tour, just a boat ride out and back. Saw Fredric has a center console for $700 a day ……any thoughts on a local I can contact to negotiate a cash price? We are headed back Nov 7- 20th. Thanks!

Contact Odile at Gumbs Car Rental at the airport. Her family has/ or did have a small boat and might take you and bring you back.

You will probably chuckle - go down early in the morning and meet the fisher people bringing in their fish. Ask them- a little extra $ often helps!:blush-smile:

Does anyone know a reasonable price to charter a boat to drop my wife and I off at Colombier beach and come back later that day to pick us up? Not looking for a tour, just a boat ride out and back. Saw Fredric has a center console for $700 a day ……any thoughts on a local I can contact to negotiate a cash price? We are headed back Nov 7- 20th. Thanks!

dda's brother would be happy to take you with his boat. private message me here on sbhonline close to the time you are arriving with the exact date you wish to go to colombier, and he will meet you in gustavia where he parks his boat. his price would be reasonable.

Kevin
I have not ever ‘tried it.’ Just a thought that could be possible? Your comment along with JEK’s suggest you both know better. You are the experts.
Oscar3388- sorry for the suggestion. Kevin and JEK seem to imply the fisher people would not be willing to help you or suggest alternatives. Therefore Do not pursue the idea.

Kevin
I have not ever ‘tried it.’ Just a thought that could be possible? Your comment along with JEK’s suggest you both know better. You are the experts.
Oscar3388- sorry for the suggestion. Kevin and JEK seem to imply the fisher people would not be willing to help you or suggest alternatives. Therefore Do not pursue the idea.

the mods are wrong, the fishermen would be most happy to help if they could, but you would have to speak some french to them so they would know what you were requesting. Its a small island, not a big city guys.

just a word to the wise, the BOSCO guy has the required licenses to take people to and fro in his boat, as would someone like TopLoc or St Barth sailor, etc... I'd go with someone who has the authorization to take you.. unless it's a friend or a friend arranges someone for you...

just a word to the wise, the BOSCO guy has the required licenses to take people to and fro in his boat, as would someone like TopLoc or St Barth sailor, etc... I'd go with someone who has the authorization to take you.. unless it's a friend or a friend arranges someone for you...

that is a good idea Ellen, but I was just responding as to whether a fisherman would even bother to help, they would if they could.

Its always a good idea to hire someone who has a license to transport persons to and fro. However, that being said, its done all the time on the island for the people who are "in the know".

the mods are wrong, the fishermen would be most happy to help if they could, but you would have to speak some french to them so they would know what you were requesting. Its a small island, not a big city guys.

We were questioning whether Hopper had ever personally hired a fisherman. When one is giving advice it is always useful to have first-hand experience. I’m sure there are fishermen who may be inclined to help out a tourist in need, but perhaps not after a long night of fishing.

JEK and Kevin-
A better response may have been- “Good suggestion- we had not thought of that.”
Instead it was “if ever” and your cute little addition JEK.
You both have the power to ban us so we have to tread carefully. Please don’t make fun of our trying to help others.

You both have the power to ban us so we have to tread carefully. Please don’t make fun of our trying to help others.[/QUOTE]
:up:

JEK and Kevin-
A better response may have been- “Good suggestion- we had not thought of that.”
Instead it was “if ever” and your cute little addition JEK.
You both have the power to ban us so we have to tread carefully. Please don’t make fun of our trying to help others.

I am a caterer, event planner and concierge in Nantucket island. I would never make any recommendation for anything I have not experienced myself first hand. Especially, where the safety of others can be life or death out on the water. With that being said, my husband is a commercial fisherman and did have a great outing with a local fisherman and had a blast. The fisherman was made aware of Kona's experience and therefore felt comfortable taking him out for a full day of fishing. The report back from husband was "you would have hated it". I guess before making recommendations I might ask myself "would my partner and I enjoy a trip to Colombier in a small fishing boat which would drop us off and pick us up later?". As I get older, I would be more inclined to travel with a licensed certified boat captain (not saying the fisherman are not... so back off of that reply). Not sure I would care to get dropped off and collected later. Would you and your wife want that sort of adventure Hopper?

The same goes for spouting off my picks for food I would potentially eat at restaurants that I would never go to while on a few week SBH holiday. I love hearing great recommendations but feel like the person making the suggestions should be able to put their $$$ where their mouth is and have actually eaten a meal or had a first hand experience to report.

Be well everyone!

Reed-
Sharing where you reside- Nantucket; your choice of occupation - catering; about your husband’s career- fisherman; your opinions about restaurant comments on the Forum and what you might do as you grow older- are all interesting and why the Forum is so special as we share with one another beyond just SBH matters.
I feel sorry for Oscar as he may be wondering about his simple question “Boat to Colombier” and why you decided to share your ‘life story.”
As a thought, it might be best to put this type of personal information in PMs, rather than for all to see? I leave that to the ‘mods.’
Again Woo Boy!:blush-smile:

I think Oscar got his answer in one of the first posts.

Screen Shot 2021-07-28 at 10.31.07 AM.jpg