sbh2021 - day05 / lorient, autour du rocher

didierb

Senior Insider
great time again yesterday at Lorient, beautiful colors and "les cayes" are really making this beach different. we could observe two little sharks in the cayes, fantastic!

autour du rocher is really complicated to enter... some ugly fences are blocking the access down to the beach. we had to get around by the water, but we managed it :) the view is still incredible from autour du rocher, kind of 360°... the old construction is now almost completely demolished, no work there currently...

lorient beach

view from autour du rocher

remaining construction

That’s a big change from when I was last there. The view from the chair is still good though,

That’s a big change from when I was last there. The view from the chair is still good though,

This view?

20200208_161116.jpg

Love the “Chair” shot and seeing it through your eyes while exploring the hallowed ground up there, Kevin.

There was a squatter living up there for awhile. A number of things were brought up.

The chair photo is an enlargement of a portion of one of Didier’s photo, not mine.

Remind us of what the plans are or were for the site? There are some threads where there was going to be development? And then it was halted: turned down?

Seems to keep changing hands. Anyone know current ownership and status of this prime piece of land?

most of it is in a green zone (for now) so perhaps development plans have been thwarted (for now)?

Ellen . . . has a zoning map really been adopted & finally approved? It seems like there have been numerous proposed plans, with hearings going on-&-on. As I recall, one approved plan was overturned in litigation.

Ellen . . . has a zoning map really been adopted & finally approved? It seems like there have been numerous proposed plans, with hearings going on-&-on. As I recall, one approved plan was overturned in litigation.

It seems to be an ongoing process, but there is no legal "zoning" as such here, which in France is called a POS (plan d'occupation des sols).. so it's all up to the local gov't which can open zones at will for building.. as can be seen by the rapid encroachment into green zones...