sbh2021 - day04 / colombier's stroll and beach

didierb

Senior Insider
today was colombier's day!

the path from petit anse has changed since my last time on the island, cactus and vegetation almost disappeared (i guess till irma?), quite dry. still very nice, specially the beach area. quite some sargassum on the way (smells like hell at anse paschal). but no sargassum at colombier - still the same clear water - as petite anse itself which seems to be quite protected.

petite anse

sargassum on our way

anse paschal

colombier!!

Yes indeed, you can go down to the beach again there, even if the last step is a bit higher, still much safer than the other path ;-)

That's great. Thanks for the quick reply. We missed going in 2019 and of course last year. But coming in a month, hopefully. We love Colombier.

actually, my iphone 11 pro max for some pictures :)
but most of them with a canon eos 3d markiii and a canon 16-35mm f/2.8 ii with dxo as post-production

The smell at that one spot was absolutely brutal. My daughter said she was still smelling it an hour later :laughing-cry:

there was even a little bit of a smell while in the water at Colombier. Perhaps due to direction of the winds while we were there. Colombier itself however was as beautiful as always