The Routine

Dwnislnd

SBH Member
The Routine…
has become normal again at the house for me. After such a long absence of my favorite humans, not knowing if I would ever see them again, which for a cat, can be heartbreaking. Grateful that we are all heathy and together again our routine has fallen into place.
Our days begin with my breakfast, (they never leave before feeding me), off they go for their daily adventure while I nap in the sun. I wait for their return to listen to their news of the day. While dinner is prepped or the humans prepping themselves for a night out, it’s wonderful to hear their happy sounds of comings and going’s on the island.
Food is a major part of our lives. They enjoy eating new foods and flavors. Some of the favorites are: Zion, L’Atelier, Les Bananiers, Orega, Bonita, Black Ginger, Bouchon, Entracte, L’il Rock, and TiCorail.
From the excitement in their voices, I know they enjoyed the experience as well as the warm welcomes they received from friends. Although, I must be truthful, I am happiest when we cook at home. Why you ask? The female human always manages to save a little tasty morsel to mix with my evening meal! I’m one fat cat….there has been wahoo, tuna, pork, steak, and chicken.
Admittedly, I am first to greet them on their return from the market anticipating what savory treat awaits my approval.
As I cat nap during the day, my people either enjoy the pool or the beaches. As I notice their color turning to golden bronze, I also notice their content feeling, laughter and love. (Don’t be surprised, cats are very wise) Ahhhhh, our routine is good.
Some evenings when we stay home, I curled under the table, they curled on the sofas reading and relaxing in their peaceful place.
I must close now, the dinner preparation has begun, and I must help; moral support and all that.

Mise thee Cat

My attempts to add a pic - well I have no thumbs but I am handsome boy

56929E7E-ADA7-44B4-8C0B-9994118B5D83.png

Attachments

• 791B52B9-A0B2-4AB8-B58E-DD929D837DC2.jpeg
    791B52B9-A0B2-4AB8-B58E-DD929D837DC2.jpeg
    18.9 KB · Views: 217
Loved your post. Have we got a girl for you, Mise!

Her name is Bambi Blue Eyes and to quote from Fiddler on the Roof, A PURRFECT MATCH!

Thank you. Bambi Blue Eyes has been our Villa cat for several years now. Still feral and skittish..I have managed to touch her but twice.

Her daily visits bring me joy. (Even when my efforts at friendship fail).

It is these little things that make the island so special for us and give it the feeling of yes, home!