Contest: Where Am I (or more precisely, where was it, and no more)?

Leon

SBH Insider
I will give you the clue, it was in 2015 at lunch. IMGP1415.jpg

I miss that menu.

No. It is something that still exists but alas, menu is not as good (IMHO!) as it was in 2015.

We have a winner!

Yes, it was Tamarin with Paco and Julie present, and with much longer menus including lunch menu with this English Pea soup.

But, as Stendhal once said (or wrote): "all things come to the end" (I am rephrasing).

However, according to Manu, they are setting up a new project in St Jean.

Hmm. It would make my wife happy if I made her a nice Chilled Pea Soup with a Dollop of Sour Cream and a Mint garnish. I'll work on that. Thanks, Leon!

Hmm. It would make my wife happy if I made her a nice Chilled Pea Soup with a Dollop of Sour Cream and a Mint garnish. I'll work on that. Thanks, Leon!

NP Kevin! Hope you will be able to order a similar soup somewhere nice when you are back on the island.

We have a winner!

Yes, it was Tamarin with Paco and Julie present, and with much longer menus including lunch menu with this English Pea soup.

But, as Stendhal once said (or wrote): "all things come to the end" (I am rephrasing).

However, according to Manu, they are setting up a new project in St Jean.

Hooray! What do I win??? :smile-cool:

Watching young locals enjoying lunch there many years ago is when we learned that frites go with everything..even if it is just a salad or a chunk of cheese.

The parrots were pretty to look at but I do not miss their noise or their dive bombing of my Nikon telephoto lens one year.

The loss of the old Tamarin tree is a heartbreaker. The new landscaping with plants,trees and lily ponds is a delight.

Remember the cats, they all had their personalities and learned who is good who is not very fast.