Travel requirements covid

dudleydog

SBH Insider
Talk to me like I am 5. I’m vaccinated. All I need to get to sbh via sxm is do the online health thing for sxm. To come home I need to get a pcr test for $50 or so somewhere on the island and the online sxm thing again. Am I missing something?

You do not have to be vaccinated to travel to sbh. you will have to have a negative antigen or pcr test. If you plan on being on the french side of st. martin, you will have to have a neg. pcr test as the french side does not accept antigen tests. if you are traveling to just the dutch side sxm, you only need a neg antigen test. so if you are vaccinated, you will still need the antigen test for sbh.

Also, to go back to the States, you will only need a negative antigen test, not PCR, cost 40 euros at the croix rouge, more at pharmacies. You will need to upload your results to the SXM portal (EHAS) on the way in (along with your vax card if you have one) and your results again on the way back if you are not vaxxed. If you are vaxxed, you need to upload your vax card to the EHAS only , but you will need your negative antigen test to fly to the states (the airline will ask for it in SXM.)

YMMV

If you fly back to States on AA, you will need to use VeriFly app to upload your test results and answer a few questions, as well as upload the photos of all ppl in your of traveling party. All can be done by one person on his or her phone for everybody. The app is not polished but worked for us. When we were in SXM checking in (we had bags), we were not even allowed in the line until I showed the VeriFly screens to the AA/SXM person controlling the access to the line.

What's more AA does not allow online check in on the way back unless the trip is fully processed in VeriFly app.

Just curious, why did you start this in Restaurant section, Dudley?

You do not have to be vaccinated to travel to sbh. you will have to have a negative antigen or pcr test. . . .

Diana . . . is there any quarantine requirement with respect to anyone coming to SBH who has not been vaccinated? Thanks for your help with this question.

Diana . . . is there any quarantine requirement with respect to anyone coming to SBH who has not been vaccinated? Thanks for your help with this question.

Unless the rules changed in last few days, SBH authorities do not care about vaccination, only about negative test results in 48 to 72 hours prior to departure from the origination point. SBC asks to see the test results during transit.

Seems that might have changed over the weekend?

no change here on the island of st. barths, they just keep putting out bulletins with the same info. no enforcement of any quarantine unless you test positive for covid while on the island .