sbh2021 - day01 / still love saint barth!

didierb

Senior Insider
14th trip to saint barth, last one was in feb2017 before irma. woke-up at 3am at home this morning, trying currently not to sleep in to adjust as fast as possible to the time zone (-6h), 3-steps travel (bsl-ams, ams-sxm, sxm-sbh) with different quite annoying discussions with air france (they didn't have the last rules in their online system, weird but anyway), i still don't like saint martin, i still love saint barth! i was not sure that this strong feeling of "being at home" would be present again, it definitely is...

quite a mess on the roads, but who cares? :)
we arrived at our villa with ... sunset, magnificient!
we had our first dinner at christopher, feet in the sand, great service, great food, baahhhhh :)
smoking now my first cigar, a furia tisiphone grand toro, enjoying life and the vivid moonlight on pointe milou, lorient and saint jean...
my goodness, so deeply blessed to be here again...

14th trip to saint barth, last one was in feb2017 before irma. woke-up at 3am at home this morning, trying currently not to sleep in to adjust as fast as possible to the time zone (-6h), 3-steps travel (bsl-ams, ams-sxm, sxm-sbh) with different quite annoying discussions with air france (they didn't have the last rules in their online system, weird but anyway), i still don't like saint martin, i still love saint barth! i was not sure that this strong feeling of "being at home" would be present again, it definitely is...

quite a mess on the roads, but who cares? :)
we arrived at our villa with ... sunset, magnificient!
we had our first dinner at christopher, feet in the sand, great service, great food, baahhhhh :)
smoking now my first cigar, a furia tisiphone grand toro, enjoying life and the vivid moonlight on pointe milou, lorient and saint jean...
my goodness, so deeply blessed to be here again...

Welcome home! Yes, the roads will probably be a biggest change from pre-Irma, that and constructions everywhere, but it is still St. Barth, a paradise island!

Welcome back. Sounds like your one long travel day made it all worthwhile. Enjoy showing off your happy place. Ahhh, St Barths

Welcome back. Yes we were there a few weeks ago, the roads are…interesting. Who cares while in our happy place. Enjoy!