Macron mandates "Health Pass" to access restaurants, cafes, etc. - St. Barts?

Lawshark13

SBH Member
Macron mandates "Health Pass" to access restaurants, cafes, etc. - St. Barts?

Hopefully this does not migrate to the island too...the article below only mentions that this is going to be a requirement in France...but the following comment by Macron leads me to believe that this may be a global diktat...

[FONT=&quot]“As I’m talking now, our country is confronted with a strong uptake of the pandemic which is impacting all of France, including its overseas territories,” said Macron.

[/FONT]
I would imagine this would go over like a lead balloon in St. Barts...

https://variety.com/2021/global/news/emmanuel-macron-covid-health-pass-mandatory-1235017731/

Re: Macron mandates "Health Pass" to access restaurants, cafes, etc. - St. Barts?

It's already been mandated for nightclubs in St Martin and St Barth, but not (yet) in restaurants.

From Modjo:

Modjo limite son entrée.
Pass sanitaire obligatoire
Test antigenique ou PCR
( masque pas obligatoire mais conseillé)
Ouverture 21h-4h du matin la semaine
21h-6h du matin le week-end ( samedi, dimanche et jours fériés….!
Réservation au : 0690776791

Google Translate of Modjo's post:
Modjo limits his entry.
Compulsory health pass
Antigenic test or PCR
(mask not compulsory but recommended)
Open from 9 p.m. to 4 a.m. on weekdays
9 pm-6am on weekends (Saturday, Sunday and public holidays….!
Reservation at: 0690776791

Here's the announcement from the Prefét:

PS1.jpg

PS2.jpg

Re: Macron mandates "Health Pass" to access restaurants, cafes, etc. - St. Barts?

This is such a serious "spike" that........ Macron will be starting this life saving measure NEXT Month. More theater....

Wondering if I will ever get back to St. Barths? Too many restrictions.

All we can say is Woo Boy!
Same page as you dadto6.

Wondering if I will ever get back to St. Barths? Too many restrictions.

st. barths is not mainland france, not gonna happen here.

even france will have a problem if they try to enforce this for grocery stores, cafes etc. they tried to take bread out of a frenchman's mouth once, that did not turn out so well.

This is an impressive carrot and stick . .

More than 20,000 French people a minute booked vaccine appointments in the hours after Emmanuel Macron announced that cafes, restaurants, shopping malls and trains would be out of bounds for unvaccinated customers from next month.
“We’ve broken all records since the start of the vaccination campaign, and it’s continued during the night and into this morning,” Stanislas Niox-Chateau, the head of Doctolib – France’s main medical appointments website – said on Tuesday.

Jek, a health pass can be either a vaccination card or a neg. pcr test. the people in france who do not wish to be vaccinated can get the test instead. however, it could become annoying getting a test once a week for groceries. I see trouble ahead for mainland France if they do indeed enforce this.

I still have that oceanfront property in tennessee if you believe those numbers about 20 thousand people booking appt. for vaccinations.

fear has never been an effective incentive.

As a further stick, the linked Guardian article says that in September, COVID tests will no longer be free.

I had to have a PCR test last Friday. Not a pleasant experience. Given the choice of a jab, which I've had, or a PCR test once a week the decision would be easy.

We have friends that will be on a small windstar cruise arriving in st Barths next week. They were just told by the cruise line that they might not be able to stop in st barths as the Harbour might be closing to incoming vessels. Don’t know if there is any truth to this.
my family has rebooked SBH for the 3rd time for March 2022. I really hoped this would be the 3rd times a charm but now starting to have my doubts that we will ever get back there.

The quest for zero-covid seems to be the direction we are headed. You can see where this is going yet again in the coming weeks...

The resurgence will continue wave after wave. Variants will continue to poke their heads up as the world will remain mostly unvaccinated. Our lives have changed.
I posted travel and the way we live could be altered causing some civil unrest and was banned by the Forum.
We will be able to return to Ouanalao but it won’t be the quite the same. The cup is half full. Sunsets, beaches, breezes, the ‘crazy’ landing at the airport, Le Select, Gloriette Rum, …. won’t change.
:heart1:

Hello Maryella. I feel your pain. I have multiple trips postponed since March 2020, as we typically visit the Island 4-times per year. Enough of the madness already...

We have friends that will be on a small windstar cruise arriving in st Barths next week. They were just told by the cruise line that they might not be able to stop in st barths as the Harbour might be closing to incoming vessels. Don’t know if there is any truth to this.
my family has rebooked SBH for the 3rd time for March 2022. I really hoped this would be the 3rd times a charm but now starting to have my doubts that we will ever get back there.

Ill be in France in the next couple of weeks. Let's see.

I look forward to your eyewitness reports from the field! Bonne Chance.

Stay safe

Watching the news today out of France and this seems to be going over like a lead balloon....