Postscript on just finished trip

DCTravler

SBH Member
All in all great trip. Best weather we have seen in the islands in the summer for a long time. Low humidity, steady breeze. Also fewest mosquitoes seen or experienced.

I’ve hit on the dining experience in prior posts. All generally very good. Best evening meals were Eddys and Bonito. Best lunch was either Cheval blanc or Little Rock.

Best overall experience - massages at the Christopher. Worst experience- parking in Gustavia. Worse than ever. Will be an issue as crowds rise into the high season. Staying in town at a place with parking for our next trip in November - will be helpful.

As noted Villa (KNG) was great. Kudos to the maid as well. Sounds silly, but having the service at a consistent time and doing it in the form of light housekeeping makes the experience better. In years past, we’ve had occasional issues with housekeepers there for hours and seemingly disassembling and deep cleaning the place during the rental period. We keep the place clean and treat it as if it was ours.

A brief word on masks. To start, I offer no judgement on the the science or politics - just my own observational. Frankly not even sure what the rules are on island - all the signs are still up. We took ours anywhere we went. Full mask use varies. It’s close to 100% in the grocery stores and most of the indoor retail establishments. Was zero percent at forma fitness, but they did have a pretty elaborate air purifier in the place. They also had an outdoor workout area. Restaurants were variable, but most servers and bar tenders opted for the “chin strap” sort of look. Obviously, most of the restaurants are open air or relatively open air. Cheval Blanc was clearly the most diligent. Collectively, did not bother us based on our vaccine status and personal interpretation of the circumstances. Again, no judgement, but an observational take

Did the Tradewind to UA connection at SJU an hour ago. Probably 30 seconds to get through the TSA precheck line. No issues at all.

All for now. Back in November!

Agree on the consistent times for the housekeepers. We prefer afternoons for them so we can ‘laze’ around the villa in the morning and a leisurely lunch, beach and maybe shopping in afternoon.