Villa housekeeping tip

Our former webmistress gave me the highest of accolades for the post many, many years ago! Seems to have stood the test of time!

#25. who really "brings" more than a few hundred euros from home these days. maybe should read, make sure your debit card account is loaded with $$$$$$$

#25. who really "brings" more than a few hundred euros from home these days. maybe should read, make sure your debit card account is loaded with $$$$$$$
No must have the double and half to be faithful to the original author's intent.

Our former webmistress gave me the highest of accolades for the post many, many years ago! Seems to have stood the test of time!

Definitely a classic post.I never tire of reading it whenever it pops up here.

Is #13 still valid? This part: "Charge everything on your AmEx knowing that you are getting ripped off"

I'm usually worried about using my AMEX because I read something similar on here a while back. I think it was that when using AMEX the resto/store will do the conversion from euros to USDs themselves and then submit the charge to AMEX in USDs and I'll be screwed on the conversion rate, but the times I have used it I haven't noticed a difference as compared to using any other form of payment. I may of course be mistaken...

Is #13 still valid? This part: "Charge everything on your AmEx knowing that you are getting ripped off"

I'm usually worried about using my AMEX because I read something similar on here a while back. I think it was that when using AMEX the resto/store will do the conversion from euros to USDs themselves and then submit the charge to AMEX in USDs and I'll be screwed on the conversion rate, but the times I have used it I haven't noticed a difference as compared to using any other form of payment. I may of course be mistaken...

Many places do not accept it, so it is foolproof!