A lovely evening — Eddy’s

cec1

Senior Insider
Dry air breezes whirling through the restaurant . . . jam packed with an electric mix of casually well dressed guests & others who are trés chic in stylish resort wear.

Tad is on vacation, but the bar is being capably handled — my Ti Punch tonight was done by Mahé, Eddy’s handsome & charming son . . . & grandson of our late friend, Marius. The family has a knack for making Ti Punch!
View attachment 58243

Starter was the plate of mango with shrimps . . . a yummy second choice after lobster medallions salad was said to be unavailable tonight.
View attachment 58244

The main course was a tour de force — grilled red snapper done in. “mojito sauce” . . . lime, mint, & a “touch of rum!”
View attachment 58245

. . . debating about dessert!

Thanks Dennis once again for report, pix ! Your starter would have been my main, yep those nems are so good at Eddy's ! Electric or eclectic crowd ? perhaps both ?

Thanks Dennis once again for report, pix ! Your starter would have been my main, yep those nems are so good at Eddy's ! Electric or eclectic crowd ? perhaps both ?

”Eclectic” would fit, as well . . . but I was thinking of energy in the room. I wish that there were a recording of the roar of the crowd (which, in the openness of Eddy’s, wasn’t deafening).

We went to Eddy's a couple of weeks ago with friends after not having been there for a few years. I had forgotten how charming it is and how good it is. Will definitely not wait as long for our next visit!

IMG_2069.jpg

Always our first night's stop to catch up island goings on and creole curry with goat!
Their website is a treat as well.

I have heard that Mahe is the new manager at select. however he will still be working at Eddy's, such a nice fellow and looks like he makes a mean ti punch!

I love Eddy's. A great memory is driving by one morning and two men were near his door carrying a hugh fish. A tuna I think. One had the head of the fish on his shoulder and the other had the tail on his shoulder

Eddy’s always our first night and last night every trip...looking forward to getting back in November after missing several cancelled trips!!!

I agree. First night and last night. First night immediately connects us with the island vibe…last night creates wonderful memories for next time.
Eddy’s always our first night and last night every trip...looking forward to getting back in November after missing several cancelled trips!!!