A bit triflin

Dwnislnd

SBH Member
A bit triflin’
After 2 long trifling years we were headed to St. Barts. Everything a “go.” Airline tickets, villa rental, vaccines, and most importantly the Permission Slip. Early morning, before the crack of dawn off we go to Wilmington (ILM) for the first leg of our journey. And then it became trifling.The plane had a tire issue which put us behind 30-40 minutes, so in all likely hood we would miss our connection in Charlotte, and then miss the Winair flight to St. Barts. Ahh, the best laid plans of mice and men! As hubby dashed to the gate in Charlotte, hoping that we could still board, he was told that that plane also had a mechanical issue! Thankfully they found a plane that was working, so off we go. Accepting the strong probability we would never make the Winair flight. Frantically communicating with Vincent- VIP service, don’t hesitate, use him. Somehow (and we are eternally grateful) we were able to board a flight and land in our happy place. Not all of the luggage made it, but who cares? A quick trip to the market for some adult beverage, and coffee.Having a relaxing beverage overlooking the Caribbean quickly erased all of the trifling of our day. As our first day evolved, we are again, bewitched by the island. Great to see old friends, eat the croissants and melt into island time.

PS The internet has been spotty here, so a quick update. My favorite island cat, Mise, appeared today! Sat under the table, looked at me and then to the place where I put his food. I could swear I heard him thinking, “Where the heck have you been for the last year and a half?!”

Welcome back…glad you made it.

Villa cats have long memories…and then they tell their friends.

Glad you made it.

Triflin? Not sure what that means.
The OP used trifling and triflin, two different words with two different meanings that I can’t seem to make sense in the context.

Trifling: Unimportant or trivial

Triflin (urban slang): lazy, good for nothing, sneaky, etc.

Thoughts?

The OP used trifling and triflin, two different words with two different meanings that I can’t seem to make sense in the context.

Trifling: Unimportant or trivial

Triflin (urban slang): lazy, good for nothing, sneaky, etc.

Thoughts?

none.

Wow! What an anxiety-riddled ordeal. So glad that PIV was able to come through. Welcome back!
:very_drunk:

If Vincent were a character in Pulp Fiction, he’d be The Wolf. We don’t travel there without him. Just never know what’s gonna pop up in the journey.