Rue des Normands Construction

Leon

SBH Insider
I was driving along Hotel Carl Gustav hoping to get down to Gustavia by Bonito, and found that that part of Rue des Normands is closed. So instead of going down to Gustavia, I had to turn up the hill, passing by Hotels entrance and drive all a way thru Lurin to the point of Santa Fe to make a u-turn to get back. I did not see any official detours for the closed part of Rue des Normands. I wonder how the folks who go to the Hotel for drinks or to watch the sunset do get back to Gustavia if necessary. Or you leave the car to valet telling them which way you need to go out?

Leon-
Like you, we would have been surprised as the island always seems to have very good signage for construction and detours, including the traffic lights when down to one lane.

Leon…before the valet is getting your car for you he asks which way do you want to travel home. A good plan as cars can really fly past the entrance.

We have reservations at Bonito tonight. There is a detour allowing one to get to Bonito starting behind the Church. I’m afraid the few parking spots that used to be available will not be there and valet parking will ensue. Valet parking in St. Barths? Yikes!

We have reservations at Bonito tonight. There is a detour allowing one to get to Bonito starting behind the Church. I’m afraid the few parking spots that used to be available will not be there and valet parking will ensue. Valet parking in St. Barths? Yikes!

Valet parking began years ago, ER might have been the first, often passing by there.

Valet parking began years ago, ER might have been the first, often passing by there.
The Cheval Blanc in its previous name had valet parking as well some years ago.

had a nice chat with Lenny Kravits while we waited on our cars on day.

nice chap. Short.