A Pivotal Mosquito Experiment Could Not Have Gone Better - Dengue fighter Wolbachia

JEK

Senior Insider
Screen Shot 2021-07-01 at 12.38.19 PM.jpg

https://www.theatlantic.com/science/archive/2021/06/dengue-mosquitoes-defanged/619161/

[FONT=AGaramondPro, Adobe Garamond Pro, garamond, Times, serif]Great news!!![/FONT]
[FONT=AGaramondPro, Adobe Garamond Pro, garamond, Times, serif]Unfortunately, I read that many of the mosquitos refuse to be injected with the [/FONT]Wolbachia because they are leery about the side effects they've read about on FaceBook :wink2:

Great news!!!
Unfortunately, I read that many of the mosquitos refuse to be injected with the Wolbachia because they are leery about the side effects they've read about on FaceBook :wink2:

well the smarter mosquito's are!:biglaugh:

This report is extraordinary news! As one who was hospitalized for over a week last November -- and nearly died -- with a dengue infection, I attest to the virus' alarming gravity. I hope that Wolbachia-carrying mosquitoes will be released on SBH asap!

We have friends who have had chikungunya and others dengue- all miserable afflictions. My father was an USAF pilot in the Pacific during WWII. He was shot down over New Guinea and contracted malaria. The disease accompanied him unfortunately the rest of his life.

This report is extraordinary news! As one who was hospitalized for over a week last November -- and nearly died -- with a dengue infection, I attest to the virus' alarming gravity. I hope that Wolbachia-carrying mosquitoes will be released on SBH asap!
Totally agree. This can be huge for millions worldwide. I hope my attempt to bring a little levity to the topic was in no way seen as playing down the severity of the issue.