Sargassum on the beaches

krs

My wife and I will be on the island for a week next month. I noticed on another thread that sargassum is washing ashore on Saline. How are the other south facing beaches?

I read somewhere that pre-Covid the beaches were cleaned periodically. Is it still done?

I understand it is really bad in parts of Florida and Mexico.

There are good days and bad days. Anse de Cayes seems to really gets clogged with the junk

We are exploring the southern beaches Friday & Saturday. Will keep you posted. Flamand either Wednesday or Thursday. We have lunch reservations at Ti Coral Wednesday @ 12.00 and Cheryl wants to go to Linge St. Barthsin Lorient. Then we need to travel around the Island because of Caramuche hill. Probably Thursday for Flamand. Will still let you know when we explore Governeur and Saline.

We are exploring the southern beaches Friday & Saturday. Will keep you posted. Flamand either Wednesday or Thursday. We have lunch reservations at Ti Coral Wednesday @ 12.00 and Cheryl wants to go to Linge St. Barthsin Lorient. Then we need to travel around the Island because of Caramuche hill. Probably Thursday for Flamand. Will still let you know when we explore Governeur and Saline.
I suggest going to the Ligne store in Lorient on your way to Ti Corail as it is only open mornings, at least that is what the sign said last week. The Gustavia store is open for later shopping. Love their avocado oil and perfumes!
Regarding sargassum, we were fortunate during our recent trip--most visits to Gouverneur were clear, or patches with enough clear to swim. Early on one morning we did see a crew clearing Gouverneur. Saline was more varied, some good days and some not-- this past Saturday early afternoon there was a fair amount both in water and on beach. As Amy said, it varies day to day.

Thanks we stopped in Lorient and stocked up for the next year
I suggest going to the Ligne store in Lorient on your way to Ti Corail as it is only open mornings, at least that is what the sign said last week. The Gustavia store is open for later shopping. Love their avocado oil and perfumes!
Regarding sargassum, we were fortunate during our recent trip--most visits to Gouverneur were clear, or patches with enough clear to swim. Early on one morning we did see a crew clearing Gouverneur. Saline was more varied, some good days and some not-- this past Saturday early afternoon there was a fair amount both in water and on beach. As Amy said, it varies day to day.

This is what Gouverneur looked like this morning July 1. A little stinky Still beautiful

Attachments

• 12247E48-F224-4546-BA1C-C14DB3DDFF73.jpg
    12247E48-F224-4546-BA1C-C14DB3DDFF73.jpg
    411.5 KB · Views: 716
Can’t seem to post my picture of the sargacasm taken this morning I’ll try later

Sometimes, especially with low bandwidth, it is better to downsize the images a bit by cropping or even resizing using a utility. Resize It for the iPhone is handy for that.

Just a comment on my favorite store, Ligne St Barth...I have been a very dedicated client since opening and my personal signature scent is Vanille West Indies. (I don't tell many people where I got it and quite a few ask..keeping the mystery alive LOL!) I can purchase it in the US on occasion but usually stock up on all their products when I am down there as it is about 1/2 the price on SBH and who doesn't love to have it at that price! My US sources are out of my perfume and many other items and they are told that they not getting it back until at least August..I will believe that when I see it, as nothing ever quite works they way it is supposed to in retail these days..so if you go, please check out the info for me and enjoy every minute in their store...wish I could join in!! The people are so nice who own it!

1.7 fl. ounces or 50ml is 91 Euros plus tax? and shipping but out of stock until 8/1. Don’t know about duty, if any, shipping to U.S. But heck, people on the Forum have La Gloriette Rum shipped.

1.7 fl. ounces or 50ml is 91 Euros plus tax? and shipping but out of stock until 8/1. Don’t know about duty, if any, shipping to U.S. But heck, people on the Forum have La Gloriette Rum shipped.
Thank you for that information! It is very difficult to send perfume to individual clients, apparently; I was told "no" before because the Fedex/UPS/DHL people forbid it, but maybe the rules have changed. If you are a business, I believe it is a different story due to the Customs regulations. The US price I just paid for Vanille West Indies perfume was $190 from a really nice store I called in Miami and usually I get it on beautyhabit.com, whose prices are a bit less but of course, as you mentioned, they are out. So approximately it is double the price but a girl's gotta have her perfume and creams:D! You are so nice to share your information!

We have been purchasing fragrances via the web for quite some time from both overseas companies as well as within the US. UPS/FEDEX/DHL have never been an issue for us. Although they don’t carry Ligne St. Barth, an example of a U.S. fragrance site we use is-
https://www.fragrancenet.com/