EHAS

Hatz

SBH Member
Hoping to get down to St Barth in July.

Anyone have experience with the EHAS process at SXM?

Easy/Smooth or Painful?

Many people on the Forum have seemed to survive it. Not doing it will leave you at your departure point according to several reports. Best of luck!

Hoping to get down to St Barth in July.

Anyone have experience with the EHAS process at SXM?

Easy/Smooth or Painful?

easy form to fill out, you will be asked if you are vaccinated, if you are then you will have to upload your vaxx card. if you are not vaccinated, then just say no to that question, you will still be approved even if not vaccinated. when you arrive, no one will ask to see your paperwork regarding this info as its all done electronically before your arrival to immigration.

The only concerning thing about SXM EHAS is that you have to keep checking the site, which changes. Today, a 120-hour rt-PCR is accepted (you still need 72-hour for SBH). As of July 1, it goes back to 72-hours for US and Canadian travelers to SXM. They are supposedly working on new rules for fully-vaccinated passengers, but that seems to still be a Work In Progress.

Check the Travel Requirements tab here: https://stmaartenehas.com/

easy form to fill out, you will be asked if you are vaccinated, if you are then you will have to upload your vaxx card. if you are not vaccinated, then just say no to that question, you will still be approved even if not vaccinated. when you arrive, no one will ask to see your paperwork regarding this info as its all done electronically before your arrival to immigration.

What did you upload as a "vaxx card" - we have some random pieces of paper that say we were vaccinated. we did not get a "card" here...

What did you upload as a "vaxx card" - we have some random pieces of paper that say we were vaccinated. we did not get a "card" here...

there is nothing to upload if you say no. I would actually recommend that option to people who are vaccinated also, less stuff to do. sxm is mainly concerned with the neg pcr test.

I thought the test results were input/uploaded on the EHAS form. Maybe I’m wrong about that.

didier, does St Martin accept the antigen test? Today I stopped at the Red Cross in St Jean and the nurse told me they do both PCR and Antigen for free for all.....

I thought the test results were input/uploaded on the EHAS form. Maybe I’m wrong about that.

yes you have to upload your pcr tests on ehas form. after you get the approval, you will not need the form in sxm, immigration will only check your passport. the airline you fly with to sxm will want to check your ehas form before you get on the plane plus your pcr test. at least that is how american airlines handled it.

didier, does St Martin accept the antigen test? Today I stopped at the Red Cross in St Jean and the nurse told me they do both PCR and Antigen for free for all.....

the dutch side, which is sxm airport will accept antigen tests, the french side st. martin will accept pcr only, since the process is bascially the same, we chose pcr test anyway.

Pascale, it looks like you don't need a test for travel from SBH to SXM. St Barth is listed on https://stmaartenehas.com/ as a "low-risk country". The travel requirements for people coming from a low-risk country say "Travelers residing in and/or traveling from a low-risk country are exempted from the mandatory rt-PCR or antigen test." You willl still need to submit EHAS forms though.

Sint Maarten being Sint Maarten, I would ask your airline, Winair or SBC, what they "flavor of the week" is. The EHAS requirements change from time to time.

Either rt-PCR or Antigen are acceptable for your return to the US from SXM.

the thing is the form you need to fill out for SXM asks for the results of a test..... winair said it could be Antigen but the form for SXM rarely mentions antigen and does mention PCR.... once again the SXM airport is not quite clear... but thanks for making it clear now. I came down through PR last few times but could not find a flight home on the dates which worked for me since there is a big wedding on the island and they have reserve the whole Tradewind fleet.... so off to SXM we go.