ER spreading the news

JEK

Senior Insider
7502D357-E6CC-4479-9E7F-897C24C7FCF3.jpg75B753AE-7957-4BCA-9069-B118CDAACDBA.jpg

SBH restaurants who give NY a try don't last. PS, Please remember to pay your local taxes, your NY taxes, and your US taxes.

We do. But defunding police departments will come back to bite us.

Our city is opening up, slowly but surely. There will be many more empty storefronts and unused restaurant locations. The C virus hit our home town big time!

le fils cassidain moved back to the city a month ago (those little town blues hangin' with mme cassidain et moi having reached a critical stage). in west village this go 'round. reports sound to me like the city is definitely back open for business. I do pray for his safety :pray1:

It's been 10+ years since I spent 5 days a week in NYC, so I have no current restaurant advice to provide. One thing that I am sure of is that many great restaurants have survived, on all levels, and he won't starve.

le fils cassidain moved back to the city a month ago (those little town blues hangin' with mme cassidain et moi having reached a critical stage). in west village this go 'round. reports sound to me like the city is definitely back open for business. I do pray for his safety :pray1:

where in the west village, my old stomping grounds from my old days at NYU til not all that long ago....

Huh. I did what I call "hard time" in that neighborhood, sometimes living in NYC 5 days a week, back in the 80's/90's. It's possible that I should have paid NYC/NY taxes, but Finance said no. It's definite that I should have sent a 1099 to a few bartenders though.

We just returned to NYC Friday for the first time in almost a year and a half. We had timed tickets to see the Alice Neel exhibit at the Metropolitan Museum of Art. Masks and social distancing were required at the museum and also until we were seated at lunch high above Columbus Circle at Robert restaurant, a fine place to dine. The Neel painting is "The Fuller Brush Man." The dessert at Robert was goat cheese mousse.

20210611_131838.jpg

20210611_111831.jpg

20210611_141041.jpg

Terrific restaurant choice. My sorority had a reunion up there just before the C virus hit and the staff couldn’t have been nicer and the food was superb.

Was in SOHO all weekend. Very busy. Resto and bar crowds coming back big time (inside and out). Lines at stores were pretty long. Car and foot Traffic on weekends looked almost "normal" too every time we have been down lately. Definitely back from that perspective. Now need to get the commuters back...

In Indianapolis many new restaurants have opened in place of closed ones. They are ‘packed’ with customers. The economy, at least here, isn’t just a ‘trickle’ -it is ‘roaring back’ from pent up demand.
We believe SBH will be the same as the high season begins.