May 2021 Trip - Settling In

PeterLynn

Senior Insider
After a year hiatus due to Covid, the door cracked open a bit to allow us in. As anyone who has traveled recently, or are getting ready to travel, there is much anxiety navigating all the caveats. Our trip down was a bit frazzled and I vented in an earlier thread, so I'll spare everyone that. Bottom line, we and our luggage made it. As in recent years, we arrived the day before the villa was ready, so we spent the first night in Gustavia at the Sunset Hotel. After dropping off the overnight bag, we headed down to Le Repaire for Moule et Frites. Alas, they were all out from the night before, so it was first of many tuna tartares, gaspachos and grilled durade. Love Le Repaire.

1-01.jpg

The next day was spent killing time until the villa was ready. Odile's sister dropped off the Jimny in front of the hotel, and facing away from town, so we headed that way. First stop was the Cave in Public for the wife's "Nikka Whiskey in Barrel" and then to check out the new Super U. A few more stops and it was time for lunch. Since we were still dressed in our arrival clothes, we decided to give the new Sand Bar a try. So nice. Beautiful views and impeccable service. Decided to splurge on the infamous "ER" burger and truffle pizza. Very good, and more importantly checked off the list.

1-02.jpg
1-03.jpg

Text from SiBarth and it's off to the villa. Our seventh time here, so the formalities are quickly dispensed with and we are back at the Super U to stock up, snagging a prime parking spot in our second non-white rental in a row.

1-07.jpg

After relaxing for awhile, it's off to La Langouste for a Ti Punch and dinner of dover sole and langouste tagliatelle (pasta). Happy mistake as I neglected to ask for ice and am now a convert - "Ti punch vieux sans glacon, s'il-vous plait"

1-04.jpg

Maybe it was the vanilla rhum, but here's a cool shot from the villa's half-bath with a small palm beyond the frosted glass. Could have been a "Where am I", given the number of different people who have stayed at the villa.

1-05.jpg

Re: May Trip 2021 - Settling In

You were on it right out of the box on day one. Bravo ��

Excellent! All photos in proper orientation!

Lynn's smile is effervescent...it tells a very happy tale. And, that photo...wow!