SBH open to all vaccinated travelers-6/9

Am I correct in understanding that we need to have pre-approval of our EHAS forms to go through St. Martin that require negative Antigen tests, and the Antigen test needs to be less than 48 hours old? Sounds tough to navigate.

Am I correct in understanding that we need to have pre-approval of our EHAS forms to go through St. Martin that require negative Antigen tests, and the Antigen test needs to be less than 48 hours old? Sounds tough to navigate.

You need pre-approval of your EHAS forms to go through SXM that require negative PCR tests for 72 hours, I don't think that has changed to Antigen or 48 hours. The verbiage above relates to Tradewinds, who fly in from Puerto Rico.

Folks, please read this carefully, I don’t think it is that hard.

Going through SXM:

Here are the requirements for travel to St Barts after June 9.

1. All travelers aged 18 and older will need to provide proof that they have been fully vaccinated (2 shots, with the last taken at least 14 days prior to travel). Travelers will need to send proof of vaccination to their villa rental agency or hotel prior when making their reservation. Travelers may also be asked to show proof of vaccination when checking in, and again when arriving.
  2. In addition, all travelers aged 10 and older will need to provide proof of a negative Covid 19 PCR test taken no more that 3 full days prior to arrival. Alternatively, travelers can take a Covid-19 rapid antigen test no more than two full days prior to arrival. Travelers will need to show proof of a negative result when checking in for their flights.
  3. If you are traveling to St. Barths through St Martin, even if you are not spending a night in St Martin, travelers will need to pre-register to enter St Martin airport. The online form is called EHAS (Electronic Health Authorization System). To complete it you will need the results of your PCR test.
    Please note: When returning home via St Martin you will also be required to submit a request via EHAS to enter St Martin, although no additional testing is required.

Going through SJU:

Dear Tradewind Friends,

We are extremely happy to announce that effective tomorrow, June 9th, St Barths is reopening! Fully vaccinated tourists will be allowed to enter St Barths without providing a compelling reason, and will be able to move freely about the island immediately upon arrival.

Entry to St Barths
All travelers 18 or older will need to provide proof of vaccination in order to enter St Barths. A traveler is considered fully vaccinated if they are either:

• 2 weeks after the second shot of a double-injection vaccine (Pfizer, Moderna, AstraZeneca)
  • 4 weeks after the shot of a single-injection vaccine (Johnson & Johnson)

Travelers will need to provide proof of their vaccination at check in prior to their Tradewind flight.

In addition, all travelers aged 10 or older will be required to present either a negative rt-PCR test taken within 72 hours prior to arrival, or a negative antigen test taken within 48 hours prior to arrival.Passengers will be asked to show their printed test document at Tradewind check in.

Unvaccinated tourists are able to apply for entry to St Barths by providing a compelling reason for travel.

Re-entry to the United States
In order to return to the United States from an international destination, all passengers two years of age or older must test negative for COVID-19 within 3 days of their departure flight.

Both antigen and PCR tests are acceptable for entry to the United States. St Barths has two convenient locations for antigen testing:

1. French Red Cross

• Free for antigen test
  • 5 minutes from the airport
  • Hours: Monday - Friday: 8a - 3p, Saturday: 8a - 12p, Closed Sunday and public holidays
  • Directions: Located in the St. Jean parking lot, behind the cemetery and across the street from the airport runway

2. Pharmacy

• Antigen test costs 50€
  • Hours: Monday - Saturday: 8a - 8p, Sunday and public holidays: 9a - 1p, 3:30p - 7p
  • Directions: Located in La Savane Shopping Center in St. Jean, across from the airport

Antigen test results are usually delivered within an hour, but please plan for extra time to account for unforeseen delays.

Test Results Documents
Test results will be requested at check in for your flight. The test result should be typed and clearly specify the name of the laboratory or testing facility, name, date of birth, test date, type of test administered and how the test sample was obtained. Typed, written or e-mail statements from doctors or non-laboratories/testing facilities will not be accepted. If your test result is in the form of a doctor’s letter or hand-written form, please contact the testing facility to obtain a proper document.

For more information, please visit our Travel Advisory page.

Feel free to contact us with your questions, and we look forward to welcoming you aboard soon!

Thanks. The devil is in the details.
I assume the EHAS form can be submitted electronically? (I tried to scroll through it to the end to find out, but I can't advance the pages because I cannot yet fill in all the blanks).

Thanks. The devil is in the details.
I assume the EHAS form can be submitted electronically? (I tried to scroll through it to the end to find out, but I can't advance the pages because I cannot yet fill in all the blanks).

The EHAS form is only electronic. I tried it a few months ago with a technically non-conforming test (AN Swab, vs. PN Swab). For test purposes only, I lied in order to get through some of the pages, and completed the form. My non-conforming test was accepted. Much appears to depend on the individuals who review and approve the submittal, often outside of "business hours". YMMV.

A bit more on EHAS

[FONT=&quot]GENERAL INFORMATION[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]EHAS TO ISSUE A QR CODE WITH THE HEALTH AUTHORIZATION PRE-APPROVAL AS OF JUNE 9. TRAVELERS ARRIVING WITH AN EARLIER ISSUED PRE-APPROVAL WILL BE ADMITTED.[/FONT]

1. Due to the COVID-19 epidemic Sint Maarten has established a mandatory health pre-authorization application through an Electronic Health Authorization System (EHAS) for every visitor arriving by air including transits, Sint Maarten and Sint Martin residents. Without the health pre-authorization boarding will not be possible. Be advised that processing time can take up to 12 hours. Visitors arriving on a maritime vessel please read the latest requirements here.
  2. As Saba has their own EHAS operational, same day transit travelers to Saba no longer need to apply in the Sint Maarten EHAS system, but only the Saba EHAS system which can be found at http://www.sabatourism.com/travel-requirements. Proof of the Saba EHAS approval must be demonstrated when transiting through Princess Juliana Airport Sint Maarten.
  3. The requirements vary depending on the country risk status which can be found at the bottom of this page.
  4. The application must be completed in order to be processed. This includes proof of a negative COVID-19 test result, information on the vaccination status (including proof of completed vaccination in case fully vaccinated) and the purchase of the mandatory COVID-19 insurance in case required. Children must have the online health form filled out by their parents. Provide a working email address on which you are reachable.

I wonder how that QR code will work if I do the EHAS submittal on a PC or a Mac.

If I have any reason to do a fresh COVID test then I'll give EHAS another try - even if (for test purposes only) I have to again lie a bit (flights and dates).

Yes the details I would rather be chatting about the wonderful food Cheryl and I will be enjoying. So please don’t scold me. I see traveling from JFK to SMX they require 120 hour prior to arrival according to the SMX website from USA and USA territories. I see SBH needs 72 hours to enter. We just wish to have all the necessary documentation. If someone can pm me and explain then I won’t have to take up bandwidth on this wonderful site. Thanks

Actually, this may be helpful for others. The whole testing/submittal/approval process is confusing, but the key word is "within".

SXM offers greater latitude than SBH, but we need to abide by the SBH rules. (Ferry travelers may be able to skirt the SBH rules, but I'm not going there.)

You can enter and transit through SXM if you have a negative rt-PCR test taken within 120 hours (5 days), or a negative Antigen test within 48 hours (2 days) of the departure time of the last leg of your flight to SXM. You have to submit proof of that test through their EHAS system and get Pre-Approval, or your US airline will not allow you to travel.

For entry into St Barth, it is more restrictive. You must have a negative rt-PCR test within 72 hours (actually, 3 days) of your arrival. As of today, a negative Antigen test taken within 48 hours (2 days) of your arrival is again accepted.

3 days is less than 5 days, so a test that conforms to SBH rules will be accepted by SXM.

The choke point for both SXM and SBH is the turnaround time between testing and getting results, and then submitting the results to SXM EHAS and getting Pre-Approval before your flight time.

For St Barth, proof of COVID vaccination is also required. It appears that entry may be possible without proof of vaccination, but a 7-day self-quarantine and an on-island test after the 7 days will be required. Proof of vaccination appears to be less time critical, and can be submitted to your villa rental agency or hotel at any time.

As to hours vs. days, everything that I am seeing anywhere is that they're not counting hours either in SXM or SBH, they're counting days.

Yes the details I would rather be chatting about the wonderful food Cheryl and I will be enjoying. So please don’t scold me. I see traveling from JFK to SMX they require 120 hour prior to arrival according to the SMX website from USA and USA territories. I see SBH needs 72 hours to enter. We just wish to have all the necessary documentation. If someone can pm me and explain then I won’t have to take up bandwidth on this wonderful site. Thanks

Sorry if I was scolding! It may all get even more confusing as the powers to be on the island have changed a few things from the mainland France version. Our crack team of translators is working on it as we speak! Stay tuned. Spoiler alert a word beginning with Q is featured. :cool:

Sorry if I was scolding! It may all get even more confusing as the powers to be on the island have changed a few things from the mainland France version. Our crack team of translators is working on it as we speak! Stay tuned. Spoiler alert a word beginning with Q is featured. :cool:

GTQOOH!

:mad:

Actually, this may be helpful for others. The whole testing/submittal/approval process is confusing, but the key word is "within".

SXM offers greater latitude than SBH, but we need to abide by the SBH rules. (Ferry travelers may be able to skirt the SBH rules, but I'm not going there.)

You can enter and transit through SXM if you have a negative rt-PCR test taken within 120 hours (5 days), or a negative Antigen test within 48 hours (2 days) of the departure time of the last leg of your flight to SXM. You have to submit proof of that test through their EHAS system and get Pre-Approval, or your US airline will not allow you to travel.

For entry into St Barth, it is more restrictive. You must have a negative rt-PCR test within 72 hours (actually, 3 days) of your arrival. As of today, a negative Antigen test taken within 48 hours (2 days) of your arrival is again accepted.

3 days is less than 5 days, so a test that conforms to SBH rules will be accepted by SXM.

The choke point for both SXM and SBH is the turnaround time between testing and getting results, and then submitting the results to SXM EHAS and getting Pre-Approval before your flight time.

For St Barth, proof of COVID vaccination is also required. It appears that entry may be possible without proof of vaccination, but a 7-day self-quarantine and an on-island test after the 7 days will be required. Proof of vaccination appears to be less time critical, and can be submitted to your villa rental agency or hotel at any time.

As to hours vs. days, everything that I am seeing anywhere is that they're not counting hours either in SXM or SBH, they're counting days.
Hello all
We transited through SXM this afternoon. I filled out the SXM electronic health form on monday right after we did our antigen tests at CVS. Either a 72 hr PCR or 48 hr antigen test is acceptable for entry to SXM connecting to SBH. Having filled out the SXM form a few times this past year, it continues to change slightly. They now ask for you to attach vaccine card as well as test results. I filled out our forms monday late morning and had the pre approval email within an hour or two. I printed that out for each of us, also printed out copies of our test results. We flew united from EWR to SXM in late april and United checked SXM forms and test results at checkin in Newark. Today we flew Jet Blue from EWR and JB checked both at the gate prior to boarding. We connected via SBC so then showed both forms (SXM approval form and test results) at SBC check in at SXM. We then only needed passports and vaccine cards upon arrival/immigration at SBH. In April we also had to show our tests at SBH (right after immigration) but did not today—perhaps because they know SBC checks prior to check in/boarding in sxm? I know it sounds confusing but it really isn’t difficult. Tedious yes! The change to 48 hr antigen tests being accepted (at both SXM and SBH)is much easier. If anyone wants to message me I’m happy to help further.

Hello all
We transited through SXM this afternoon. I filled out the SXM electronic health form on monday right after we did our antigen tests at CVS. Either a 72 hr PCR or 48 hr antigen test is acceptable for entry to SXM connecting to SBH. Having filled out the SXM form a few times this past year, it continues to change slightly. They now ask for you to attach vaccine card as well as test results. I filled out our forms monday late morning and had the pre approval email within an hour or two. I printed that out for each of us, also printed out copies of our test results. We flew united from EWR to SXM in late april and United checked SXM forms and test results at checkin in Newark. Today we flew Jet Blue from EWR and JB checked both at the gate prior to boarding. We connected via SBC so then showed both forms (SXM approval form and test results) at SBC check in at SXM. We then only needed passports and vaccine cards upon arrival/immigration at SBH. In April we also had to show our tests at SBH (right after immigration) but did not today—perhaps because they know SBC checks prior to check in/boarding in sxm? I know it sounds confusing but it really isn’t difficult. Tedious yes! The change to 48 hr antigen tests being accepted (at both SXM and SBH)is much easier. If anyone wants to message me I’m happy to help further.
Good up to date info. Thanks

Well done by the other Amy. Thank you. I think we still have to keep aware of all travel bulletins coming from France , SBH, SXM and our countries we are returning to after being here.

Check flights and immigration rules so you will be prepared and approved for travel.

Who else remembers when all we had to do was make sure our passports were not up for renewal in less than 6 months?

No problem. I appreciate all the hard work you do to maintain this site.

Finally got some clarity. Thanks to all on this wonderful site for your help. Minute Clinics are available to get PCR test results within 24 - 48 hours. Which saves our butts. Cheryl and I booked appointments through Alliance right here in Port Washington the Friday before we travel on Monday morning. See you on the beach

Finally got some clarity. Thanks to all on this wonderful site for your help. Minute Clinics are available to get PCR test results within 24 - 48 hours. Which saves our butts. Cheryl and I booked appointments through Alliance right here in Port Washington the Friday before we travel on Monday morning. See you on the beach

We got ours done at a CVS Minute Clinic and we had results within 11 hours!! They were super fast.

We got ours done at a CVS Minute Clinic and we had results within 11 hours!! They were super fast.

Was looking at CVS online and they use the term "rapid result testing". I assume that is the antigen test and also acceptable for entry to SXM?

I think SXM has a slightly higher bar for which Antigen tests are accepted than the US or SBH, who seem to take any. From the SXM EHAS website:

" obtained from a naso-pharyngeal swab performed within 48 hours prior to departure to Sint Maarten. All FDA approved antigen tests including those with Emergency Use Authorization only (EUA) are accepted. Tests performed outside of the 48 hours period and home tests will not be accepted."

I'm not saying people haven't been permitted entry if they haven't complied with any or all of the below, but "officially" SXM requirements include:

1) "home tests will not be approved" - note this is also the rule for PCR tests at SXM according to the website

2) Note the use of the term "naso-pharyngeal" which is a much deeper probing. It's the one that feels like it is going into your brain. I'm not sure any rapid anitgen tests are actually naso-pharyngeal. I wasn't able to find any. So it seems this rule in particular is ignored.

3) FDA approved including those with emergency use authorization only. I believe this goes for both the test and the lab

Was looking at CVS online and they use the term "rapid result testing". I assume that is the antigen test and also acceptable for entry to SXM?

I think SXM has a slightly higher bar for which Antigen tests are accepted than the US or SBH, who seem to take any. From the SXM EHAS website:

" obtained from a naso-pharyngeal swab performed within 48 hours prior to departure to Sint Maarten. All FDA approved antigen tests including those with Emergency Use Authorization only (EUA) are accepted. Tests performed outside of the 48 hours period and home tests will not be accepted."

I'm not saying people haven't been permitted entry if they haven't complied with any or all of the below, but "officially" SXM requirements include:

1) "home tests will not be approved" - note this is also the rule for PCR tests at SXM according to the website

2) Note the use of the term "naso-pharyngeal" which is a much deeper probing. It's the one that feels like it is going into your brain. I'm not sure any rapid anitgen tests are actually naso-pharyngeal. I wasn't able to find any. So it seems this rule in particular is ignored.

3) FDA approved including those with emergency use authorization only. I believe this goes for both the test and the lab

Our CVS had the option of either the rapid antigen test or the PCR. We did the PCR, but just got our results quicker than I anticipated!