Jim and Eve Days 7 and 8

Eve

Senior Insider
After a rainy Sunday, we go back to business! We are planning to go to Eddy's for dinner so we kept our lunch minimal (LOL)
Back to Jean Michel's chairs, we only ordered a few planteurs and an order of frites. Honestly, this was the best meal of the trip. Even Jean Michel was bored, and he went to hang out in the water for a bit. And looking over toward La Perle, you can see how busy the beach is at noon.

IMG_7573.jpg
IMG_7575.jpg
IMG_7576.jpg

We headed back to Les Ilets for the afternoon, and so happy to see all the iguanas and all the other fauna and flora. We hung out by the pool there and reminisced about staying here when our daughter was young. She still talks about the pool at Les Ilets all the time.

IMG_7579.jpg
IMG_7580.jpg

Headed to Eddys, which is always lovely. Shared the pate, and Jim had the tuna platter and I had the ginger wahoo. A very chill day.

IMG_7585.jpg
IMG_7586.jpg
IMG_7587.jpg
IMG_7588.jpg

We started to hit the wall with eating by Tuesday, and it is our last day at Les Ilets. Back to La Perle for lunch. I cannot remember if we sat with Jean Mi, but I do recall that the water was a bit cool and choppy, pretty much the entire trip. Not the kind of, what I call, "bopping water", like we have during our August visit. On most trips, after every rum laden lunch, I would "bop" in the water down to Eden Rock, touch the rock, and bop back. Bopping involves lots of side stepping and singing, in water up to my neck. Maybe made it one time. ODD. Could be the stress from the past year that I was trying to heal by sitting still, or just all the added pounds I put on over the past year.
So lunch was the crispy shrimp, in honor of my sister, who couldn't make it this time. Followed by some rum, more rum, and a lemon meringue tart. The view is my favorite, and I always say that I go to St Barts to heal my bleeding brain (I think too much). It definitely worked, since I am thinking much more clearly now.

IMG_7591.jpg
64244498324__154795A4-B414-4ADE-B3BE-25727A7117C8.jpg
IMG_7594.jpg
IMG_7595.jpg
IMG_7596.jpg

When we got back to our room, someone, who will remain nameless ;) had a gorgeous bottle of Champagne delivered to our room. Possibly for my enthusiastic posts urging others to come on down??? We shared it at sunset with the loveliest couple, Michelle and Rich, that we met at Les Ilets. Miss them already!
Dinner was a casual trip over to Bananier for a Reine pizza (ham and mushrooms), and banana rum. Full stop on the day...

IMG_7598.jpg

IMG_7599.jpg
IMG_7600.jpg
IMG_7602.jpg
IMG_7603.jpg

A perfect day! And I especially liked seeing your Eddy’s dinner . . . going there tonight. Thinking about the tuna platter!

When we got back to our room, someone, who will remain nameless ;)had a gorgeous bottle of Champagne delivered to our room. Possibly for my enthusiastic posts urging others to come on down???

Spoken like a true social media influencer!

The ginger wahoo at Eddy’s is the best...is 22 weeks too early to start the countdown for our first meal there??!!

Thank you for your video, photos and words. What a wonderful visit you both had to truly a Dream that Comes True with every visit- Ouanalao!