CEC Villa Dinner

cec1

Senior Insider
As we all know, St. Barths has great — even exquisite — dining available in some lovely restaurants. I’m a frequent guest in them . . . and enjoy posting commentary about the broad range of great fare that I find.

Believe it or not, I also savor meals en Villa CEC, especially in the company of Wendy when she is on the island, as she is right now. I think, moreover, that dining-in is an important notion to identify to visitors on the Forum who may not want to dine-out — &/or pay the generally high prices of doing so — every night.

So . . . here I show the modest stir fry that I prepared for us tonight — chicken (as good quality as one will find anywhere — from Boucherie Ché Yo), with a mix of rices, tomatoes, red onion, chopped shallots, mushrooms, red & yellow sweet peppers, walnuts, pecans, & Mandarin orange slices . . . all sautéed in a combination of olive & sesame oils with Tarragon, salt, & lots of ground pepper. It was delicious & enjoyed with a very rich, full-bodied burgundy (Pouilly-Fumé 2018).

Alongside the pool, candlelight on the table, a small breeze in the air, & the refreshing sound from Marigot Bay of repeating waves . . . I’m treasuring an at-home scene that I infrequently pause to enjoy. With a little Hazelnut Dark Chocolate, some La Gloriette vanilla rhum, & “It’s A Wonderful World!” (Louie Armstrong) softly playing, the end of another beautiful day on SBH brings a smile to my face as I anticipate a new day (maybe most especially my 9 AM haircut appointment!).

50F3A41F-382D-4431-9001-09C8536B706F.jpg

It really is a wonderfulWorld and enjoying at home dinners has been a major part of our last few years here...and it is all good.

So, does this mean that, in addition to Kevin's Resto list, we will now have access to a CEC Villa recipe "book?" (just sayin')

What a delightful evening, Dennis! Dining at home on your lovely villa pool deck, alongside your beautiful wife, well...doesn't get much better than that! Always such a pleasure to read your posts!
:blush-smile:

That looks delicious Dennis, and the whole evening wonderful! As usual, your post is full of joy for me. We look forward to following in your footsteps next month.
Cheers!!

Great dinner, I love these ! Dinner tomorrow nite will be with pork, fresh pineapple, baby bok choy & whatever I find in the crisper.

Tho we've had so many wonderful dinners & lunches out in so many of St Barths restaurants over the past 20+ years, we too like to dine in some nights, especially if we've gone out to lunch. Grilling steak or even a langouste.
Thanks Dennis ! Enjoy your time at CEC with Wendy.

After a week of constant dinners out, we cooked in the villa for the past three nights. So much more relaxing with the waves in the background and no worries about the drive back.

We also are enjoying dining at home.

Some really good meals, some just MEH, but we are a team and this is a very hard place to be starving for very long.

I had so-so in mind when using “meh”. Some meals are not as good as others, but we manage to keep nourished and healthy.