Eve and Jim-Day3

Eve

Senior Insider
Getting into the groove...Today we had some social activities, which was very fun! This is our 37th wedding anniversary day! No lunch photos for today, either because we were saving our appetite for dinner, or I just have no recollection of the meal, which is possible. Missed a few anniversary dinners down there for that reason.
We went over to Nikki to visit with Kimberly (Reed) and Kona, and thankfully they were on the bed out front. The restaurant was filled and crazy, (on a Thursday), and we were happy to stay out. Thanks Kim and Kona for the Anniversary Margarita! I have to say, the drinks are very large and pretty there.
Then we moved on to meet Diana (DDA) at La Perle. So much fun getting back to "normal". Heads up, and I show it another day, when you order frites at La Perle, it is a mountain of frites in a mixing bowl. Because they give you a smaller cup with your meal, Jim though we would need 2 orders for the 3 of us. Enough for 10 people. Diana was so gracious to treat us for our anniversary. She brought one order of frites home, and hopefully DDA enjoyed it.
As we sat in one of the beach "booths" I said, "Isn't that JC?" Only 3 people were sitting in the loungers, and Jim called out his name and he came over. He looks fantastic! Even more handsome, and so mature. He is going to be a father! And while we were there Jim and Jean Michel took their annual photo. 35 years. wow!

IMG_7501.jpg
IMG_7502.jpg

Decided to go to Santa Fe for our anniversary dinner. We haven't been there in years, for various reasons, but low expectations always bring the greatest results!
By far, our best meal of the trip!
Amuse Bouche of prosciutto and parmesan, of course Dover Sole for me. I can never justify the price, but compared to what I almost spent on the lobster, and easier to chew, it was a bargain. Very, very good! Jim is a chicken man, and this dish was by far is all time favorite. It was chicken stuffed with foie gras, with truffle mashed potato, and the sauce was so rich and delicious. No dessert, bought some Petit Deauville sorbet. Mango mixed with coconut, cannot be beat.

IMG_7506.jpg
IMG_7507.jpg
IMG_7508.jpg
IMG_7509.jpg
IMG_7510.jpg
IMG_7512.jpg
IMG_7513.jpg

The best Dover sole on the island..great choice Eve. Again, glad this anniversary trip came to be. All of your Planning paid off big dividends. Great seeing you both looking so well and happy