Jim and Eve's Excellent Adventure 5/4-5/15-Day 1

Eve

Senior Insider
I am going to go into as much detail as I possibly can, so I can help as many people as I possibly can. I considered this a test trip, and a challenge. And I believe, a success by all accounts.
We were leaving on a Tuesday afternoon to fly to PR and spend the night. The reason for this was that we would not arrive until after 8pm. I was really ok with that, since 1), I always wanted to see the Vanderbilt in Condado, and 2), the 6:45 am flight was $299, and the afternoon flights were $699. so a win-win. Plus Our trip was basically paid for with all of the credits we had accumulated over the past year for 4 cancelled trips.
At the last minute, I was able to change to a 9:00 am flight, which would get us there by 1:00, and Jet Blue is changing flights without a fee until the end of May.
So because we had 24 hour grace time in PR, we took a PCR test on Sunday at CVS, not convinced we would get it back in time, and the Stop the Spread site on Monday am. When we got on the flight at 9:00 am, we still did not have results, but I rushed to open them in case we had to get off the flight, not to be stuck in PR for 14 days. All was fine. And we were on our way, so we thought.
After 2 hours of flying, we had to turn back to NYC said "the company" said a problem with our engine, even though the pilot did not, and it could not be repaired in PR. Fortunately, they had a plane waiting for us, and our crew came with us. So we arrived at 4:00 instead of 1.
I had filled out our PR forms, but without the results. As it was at the time, you could get into PR. without a result, but would get a $300/pp fine if the results weren't in within 48 hours. I didn't want to deal with that, so I downloaded the results when we went back to NY. Got our green scan! It was red until that point, and when we landed, there were testers waiting for anyone that was leaving the airport without proof they had taken the test. A military guy checked our scan, and we were on our way!
IMG_7414.PNG
We went directly to the hotel, and got a drink by the pool. Pretty happy, but a loud obnoxious pool group. If we had known, we would have gone to the beautiful lounge by the front desk, since there was a patio out by the ocean.
IMG_7417.jpg
IMG_7418.jpg
IMG_7419.jpg

We arrived at the airport at 5:00 am, but the desk didn't open until 5:45, but we were just so happy to be on the move
IMG_7424.jpg

We landed early, around 7:30 and had to wait until the car rental opened, but then we were on our way!
IMG_7425.jpg
IMG_7428.jpg
IMG_7430.jpg
IMG_7435.jpg
IMG_7436.jpg

Terrific. Great to run into you on your last night..,glowing,relaxed, but sad to go home.

Looking forward to your next chapter.

Great first installment of your travels, Eve! And wow - great to get on that first Tradewind flight if the day. A whole day in paradise! Well done!!