20th Anniversary -- Villa Overload Meltdown!

cmpennington

SBH Member
I think that I just might have found the end of the internet.

We are traveling back for our 5th trip with our two daughters for our 20th Anniversary. In trying to find the perfect experience, I have scoured the entire forum, googled obscure booking sites over multiple countries, and have nearly 200 tabs open on my computer.

So I either need intervention or the advice of you forum veterans and lovers of this magical island we all long to visit.

We are traveling May 31 - June 7 (Still trying to expedite expired passports as well for our two girls); however, flights are booked, and even splurged as to give them the experience of the best airport landing on the planet.

I've seen plenty of spots with a pool, a great view, contemporary design, and a magical experience for just under $5k, but I can't seem to decide on just the right spot. We love the Lorient area, and every morning going to the bakery next to the supermarket for great coffee and bread. It seems to be in the middle of everything?

Places we've stayed:

• The Isle de France, Flammands, for our honeymoon just after it was renovated from hurricane damage 20 years ago.
  • Maison de la Plage, St. Jean Beach
  • A little cottage off the beach in Lorient Beach behind another villa
  • Villa Lagon Juane and Petit Lagon with all 13 of my family two years ago.

As I read through the entire forum the past few days, I realized that you all have great personal relationships with villas that I've come to admire and appreciate.

If it's not too much to ask, what am I missing? -- I just want this to be perfect, and I'm running out of time.

Your advice is appreciated greatly,
Mel & Kerri

St. Jean and Lorient proper would be great for you and the kids. BEWARE of the Camaruche hill!

St. Jean and Lorient proper would be great for you and the kids. BEWARE of the Camaruche hill!

camaruche hill will be closed soon for five months for construction, routing will take you around grand fond area from lorient

starting may 17 check below

closed.jpg

We love Les Basses in Lorient. Right across from bakery and right on the beach. And wonderful on-
island owners.

So what you're saying is that we would need to stay to the left of the Camaruche Hill in order to get access to the market, st. jean, bakery, etc?

Worth a shot! I just messaged her! So the blue part will be completely closed and not just light controlled as parts of that area were two years ago?

Crazy question: last trip we booked out two villas, one below the other.

Do you know of any single bedroom villas that couple each other?

Or, thoughts on staying at a place like Le Villages or otherwise?

Our last hotel trip was to the Isle de France which I’m told is no longer within our budget, but maybe there are others worth considering?

or do you recommend to stay the course with the villa route instead?

I'm not sure what you are asking here.

I usually stay in a 2-bedroom villa. The villa is mine, with the other bedroom empty but also mine, except when I bring family.

Are you really looking for two different 1-bedroom villas, on the same property?

I was just thinking that some of these villas like petit Lagon and Lagon Juane pair up.

So I figured possibly there were a few single bedroom villas potentially nestled together on a property.

Really just thinking out loud and grasping for straws....