Any news on re-opening

Idelysm

SBH Member
I know that this is probably redundant. But I was wondering now that the vaccination campaign is over, has there been any news or chatter on the island on potential re-opening?

Nothing as of yet. We do know that France has changes underway on June 9th, so that could be a date for the island as well.

Open to what? It’s easy to get here. Better than ever with no crowds. No reason not to come. Just follow the rules. Everything is open

Just booked July 3rd - 8th . Very excited. One vaccinated & one not. Should be an adventure getting in!!

Just booked July 3rd - 8th . Very excited. One vaccinated & one not. Should be an adventure getting in!!
Will be interesting to see what happens. My guess (please note stressing the word guess; again did I stress guess?) is that by Summer no more special dispensation required from the Pope...errrr...Prefect, no more 7 day stays and if you are vaccinated no PCR Test needed. If not vaccinated still allowed in but test required. Not trying to derail or start false rumors because did I mention this was my guess??? We are coming down a couple weeks after you and are hoping no test required (we are all 4 vaccinated)

Just saw a post on Instagram from Voyager Ferry offering special packages for this holiday weekend. Most were combined with local hotels for 1-5 night stays, so I guess the 7-night thing is no longer an issue?

I have seen a few people post about a June 9th announcement. What will that announcement say? Will unvaccinated people be "allowed" on the island. I know unvaccinated people can go on the island via ferry right now with a negative test. Some people cannot be vaccinated, even though they want to, due to medical conditions. Will the June 9th announcement essentially say the island is open to vaccinated people and will the unvaccinated be "denied?"

The June 9th is a France mainland date. We really don’t know when and if Saint Barth will change although the overall vaccination rate was thought to be a gate towards formal reopening. Stay tuned!

I have seen a few people post about a June 9th announcement. What will that announcement say? Will unvaccinated people be "allowed" on the island. I know unvaccinated people can go on the island via ferry right now with a negative test. Some people cannot be vaccinated, even though they want to, due to medical conditions. Will the June 9th announcement essentially say the island is open to vaccinated people and will the unvaccinated be "denied?"

France is planning to re open on June 9th. when the mainland opens rules for entry are as follows for mainland france only: negative pcr test or vaccination card/health pass for entry

I am hoping that St. Barths will officially open before June 9th, there has not been any word from the president of the island as yet. I think the president will issue a statement soon about opening.

That being said, if you take the ferry from sxm to sbh, you will only need your passport, no other documentation is required if taking the ferry.

I know of 4 people that came in via the ferry last week, they told me that they handed customs their passports which were stamped and then the customs officer said suivante/next and they moved on.

The vaccination campaign is not over, it’s only half way through. Second round starts end of the month. My personal guess is that official-official reopening happens after second round of vaccines are given.

But with that said, plenty of tourists on the island at the moment, no problem to enter.

I guess I am just worried that if I take the ferry that will be the day they decide to enforce the “rules.”

I'd suggest the last ferry of the day perhaps? From what some locals reported...back when they occasionally "enforced" the border closure they would tell people on the last ferry that they should go back the next day...but were not actually taking any names...

That being said...it is pretty darn open...far more so than when we came in mid-March.

I'm a fully vaccinated US citizen coming from Sint Maarten (I will have been there for 3 days) prior to coming to St. Barths by the Great Bay Express Ferry on Friday, May 28th staying till Sunday, May 30th when I will return to Sint Maarten. I'll have a negative PCR covid test, proof of being fully vaccinated, and will have my passport with me. From reading threads on this forum it sounds like I shouldn't face any issues entering St. Barths given these circumstances coming by ferry, correct?