Thread: September in St Bart

SBH New Member Joined: May 2021 Posts: 5

September in St Bart

We will be going in September and are being cautioned that everything will be closed. The tickets are bought and we are going; yes there is always a chance of a hurricane but those chances are slim. What restaurants are open. We are staying on Flamands Beach and there was a great seafood place right on the beach, is that open?

Any info would be appreciated.

SBH Insider Joined: Jul 2007 Ailleurs Posts: 7,404

Re: September in St Bart

Quote Originally Posted by JMS View Post
    yes there is always a chance of a hurricane but those chances are slim.
    Name:  peakofseason_sm.gif
Views: 300
Size:  30.4 KB
    bonne chance !
    Fils du Sud - Roi des Fils Verrouillés

If I can't wear my Havaianas, I ain't goin'...ÀMHA

SBH Insider Joined: Dec 2013 Indianapolis, Indiana, U.S.A. Posts: 10,387

We haven’t been in September- however everything we read about the island indicates literally any time of year is a good time to visit. There are always enough restaurants open and in September you won’t have the traffic of the busier times of the year.
    Bon Voyage!

SBH Insider Joined: Apr 2008 Glen Cove,L. I., NY Posts: 27,993

Santa Fe reopening first week in September as the staff’s children need to be back in school around the 4th. Santa Fe will close July and August this year.
    Remember Yesterday, Dream About Tomorrow, But Live Today.

Thanks.

SBH Insider Joined: Oct 2005 flamands Posts: 5,983

all the large hotels will be closed, as will their restaurants. a lot of popular restaurants will be closed such as maya's , maya's to go, eddy's, orega etc. a few restaurants stay open for the local business people. I don't have a list right now, but I bet Kevin does.

SBH Member Joined: Nov 2012 Florida Posts: 70

We will be going in September and are being cautioned that everything will be closed. The tickets are bought and we are going; yes there is always a chance of a hurricane but those chances are slim. What restaurants are open. We are staying on Flamands Beach and there was a great seafood place right on the beach, is that open?

We have spent the month of August into first week of Sept.. The island is buzzing with a very different vibe, family time, lots of annual closing parties and quartier festivals. We really enjoyed it.

It's Saint Barth and you will def. not go hungry, but some of the big names most likely will be closed.

SBH Insider Joined: Oct 2002 Philadelphia Posts: 44,921

You would be talking about La Langouste restaurant.

Andy

Exactly. Thanks Andy.

Thanks. How would I get Kevin to give me that list?

SBH New Member Joined: Sep 2010 NJ Posts: 5

La Langouste is closed in September.

Thank you for that information.

Senior Insider Joined: Jan 2004 In the ether . . . Posts: 54,518

Kevin will opine in due time, but the best method is to check back here in late August as September approaches.
    The Marius 100th Birthday Party Memorial -- June 5, 2023

SBH Insider Joined: Jan 2017 NY Posts: 735

You can look back on older threads in the months of Aug/Sept from various years and get a general idea although there is obviously no guarantee future and past years will be the same for closings. Also check the trip reports forum to see where people went. Just remember that the last few years were a little different because of COVID and Irma and sometimes a place may be open the first half of a month and closed the second half (or vice versa)

Senior Insider Joined: Jul 2003 Posts: 21,325

Well, first, I would actually have to make the list. I don’t have one. After the last year+, I hesitate to even try to make one. What I can tell you is that you won’t starve. The big hotels will be closed. Some of the other restaurants will be closed. But you won’t starve. There will be plenty of places open, perhaps not your first choices, but you will dine well.