September in St Bart

JMS

We will be going in September and are being cautioned that everything will be closed. The tickets are bought and we are going; yes there is always a chance of a hurricane but those chances are slim. What restaurants are open. We are staying on Flamands Beach and there was a great seafood place right on the beach, is that open?

Any info would be appreciated.

yes there is always a chance of a hurricane but those chances are slim.

peakofseason_sm.gif
bonne chance !

We haven’t been in September- however everything we read about the island indicates literally any time of year is a good time to visit. There are always enough restaurants open and in September you won’t have the traffic of the busier times of the year.
Bon Voyage!

Santa Fe reopening first week in September as the staff’s children need to be back in school around the 4th. Santa Fe will close July and August this year.

all the large hotels will be closed, as will their restaurants. a lot of popular restaurants will be closed such as maya's , maya's to go, eddy's, orega etc. a few restaurants stay open for the local business people. I don't have a list right now, but I bet Kevin does.

We will be going in September and are being cautioned that everything will be closed. The tickets are bought and we are going; yes there is always a chance of a hurricane but those chances are slim. What restaurants are open. We are staying on Flamands Beach and there was a great seafood place right on the beach, is that open?

We have spent the month of August into first week of Sept.. The island is buzzing with a very different vibe, family time, lots of annual closing parties and quartier festivals. We really enjoyed it.

It's Saint Barth and you will def. not go hungry, but some of the big names most likely will be closed.

You would be talking about La Langouste restaurant.

La Langouste is closed in September.

You can look back on older threads in the months of Aug/Sept from various years and get a general idea although there is obviously no guarantee future and past years will be the same for closings. Also check the trip reports forum to see where people went. Just remember that the last few years were a little different because of COVID and Irma and sometimes a place may be open the first half of a month and closed the second half (or vice versa)

Thanks. How would I get Kevin to give me that list?

Well, first, I would actually have to make the list. I don’t have one. After the last year+, I hesitate to even try to make one. What I can tell you is that you won’t starve. The big hotels will be closed. Some of the other restaurants will be closed. But you won’t starve. There will be plenty of places open, perhaps not your first choices, but you will dine well.

As my trip approaches, and Air France keeps cancelling flights and rebooking me on others without asking, I was wondering if anyone had a better idea about this coming September.

As my trip approaches, and Air France keeps cancelling flights and rebooking me on others without asking, I was wondering if anyone had a better idea about this coming September.

Still no definitive list and with the current curfew in place (2200 - 0500) it is possible there will be some additional closings. Note the curfew is scheduled to expire on 22 August, depending on conditions.

We spent a week on the island in early September last year. While many of the top restaurants on the island were closed, both with a mix of seasonal closures and others choosing to shutter for the remainder of what was a very weak summer due to COVID, we still had a lovely time. If I remember correctly, we really had a small handful of restaurants to choose from, but the trade off were beaches that were truly empty every day. We were often the only people on every beach we went to.

I think we rotated between La Crepêrie, Le Repaire, Zion, Bagatelle, Bar de L'Oubli, and perhaps one or two other places that were open. Very slim pickings, but you have to really go out of your way to have a bad meal on the island. And, given the travel environment last September, I was truly fortunate to be able to get down to the island, enjoy some wonderful days on the beach and great meals outdoors, and escape working from home 24/7.

The only thing to keep in mind is the elevated hurricane risk. Bit of a roll of the dice, but we lucked out and didn't have any storms last year.

You sent the question in May. The change is the pandemic. Keep on checking with your airline of final flight in and the latest island protocols.