Dreaming and planning

Carfell36

SBH Member
I'm too excited for our honeymoon in June that I have to start planning a little itinerary. I know the magic of St. Barths is not necessarily having a schedule, but my husband and I are huge foodies and we're having way too much fun exploring all of the options :cool: I know many of your opinions/thoughts/answers are mixed around in the forum, but it would be helpful to get some 'live' answers from you all!

Thoughts so far:
[FONT=&quot]Saturday - dinner @ Eddy’s[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Sunday - not sure yet [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Monday - Santa Fe for long lunch and Les Bananiers for casual dinner[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Tuesday - Dinner @ Tamarin[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Wednesday - Booked at Le Barthelemy for a 'Day Pass', Dinner @ Orega [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Thursday - dinner @ L’esprit [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Friday - Dinner @ Bonito[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Saturday - Dinner @ Mayas[/FONT]

What time should we make reservations for dinner?...9pm?
Any other must haves or places were missing?
Any days you would recommend switching around?

We so appreciate all of your feedback!!

Nice list but will all be open in June? I would add Le Repaire somewhere in there. Happy honeymoon. :up:

Some great choices. I’d add Fish Corner for lunch and a little shopping. Sand Bar or Lil Rock for lunch on St. Jean. We also enjoy Shellona and renting or bringing chairs to shell beach for swimming and sun after lunch. So many other great spots to chose from as well... it’s so hard! What about Nikki for the 3p seating on Sunday?

Hotel Christopher and Nikki Beach are great lunch spots. The Nikki scene gets talked about a lot, but the food is worth going for as well.

You must go and hang at Le Select and have a beer/rose and not so good burger for lunch/dinner and watch the world go by....we have been going to the island for a very long time and it is still our most favorite spot.

You must go and hang at Le Select and have a beer/rose and not so good burger for lunch/dinner and watch the world go by....we have been going to the island for a very long time and it is still our most favorite spot.
We agree 100%.

D’Oubli is another great spot across from Select to enjoy a beer, munchies or a cocktail and watch the world go by.
Manypany and Villa Marie are great Sunday brunch locales..

Thank you all so much for the suggestions! We wanted to go to Nikki on Sunday, but I didn't know if they were still doing seatings with COVID?

I second Fish Corner for lunch. Another casual real sort of local option for lunch is Le Piment. I think Zion should be included for a dinner. I would also consider Isola, La Langouste, Lil Rock, Bouchon, maybe you should add another week.

In my view, prime dining hour is 8. 9 feels kind of late.

I so wish we could stay for 2 weeks!! I kept trying to convince my husband that for every time we have had to postpone we should add a day to our trip... but I only got one extra day out of that :laughing-cry:

I just received confirmation that L'espirit and Rhum Room are closed during that time frame so far. I thought I once read to make reservations 8:30pm at the earliest.. should I change that mindset? We are booked for the 3:30pm sitting for Nikki Beach, woo!

I so wish we could stay for 2 weeks!! I kept trying to convince my husband that for every time we have had to postpone we should add a day to our trip... but I only got one extra day out of that :laughing-cry:

I just received confirmation that L'espirit and Rhum Room are closed during that time frame so far. I thought I once read to make reservations 8:30pm at the earliest.. should I change that mindset? We are booked for the 3:30pm sitting for Nikki Beach, woo!

When Le Ti was in full swing a late table was always best. Many here eat at 7 and some would eat at 6 if they could! I’m a Boomer and like 8:biglaugh:

The Nikki scene gets talked about a lot, but the food is worth going for as well.

Totally agree! Nikki may be the best beach front restaurant on the island. It may be worth going back on a regular day when it's a tranquil toes in the sand restaurant.

I have to disagree about going to Select for a frozen burger and a drink. I know many people love the place for sentimental reasons, but I wouldn't waste any precious time or a precious meal there. Too many better options and too little time to see them all.

I love long decadent lunches over dinners so if it were me, I'd lean in more to lunches and push off the dinners.

<Controversial opinion> I'd change your last meal from Maya's to anyplace else! The place has tons of fans, but the food is VERY basic. After seeing Tamarin and/or L'Esprit and how they present their food, I can't help thinking that Maya's will be a let down.

Make sure you take in a DIY sunset at either the lighthouse or the new park behind the hospital. Bring your own drinks and apps and have a sunset happy hour!

Not sure if you've been to the island before or how familiar you are with the sights, but one of my faves is to do the hike to Colombier in the morning followed by a lunch in Flamands somewhere. The Cheval Blanc hotel used to let you use their lounge chairs after you had lunch there. Not sure if they still do though.

Speaking of Flamands, one of my other faves is to pick up some croissants and quiches from the bakery at the top of the hill and going down to the far western end of Flamands. Take some supplies for mimosas, and a couple beach chairs and you'll have the place to yourself. There are worse ways to start a day!

There is so much of what Bart wrote that I disagree with:

1. Select is an island institution and represents the first bar established on the island (1949) and has been in one family's control for over 70 years. The old Saint Barth is quickly fading and a Ti Punch (probably the only authentic island drink) at Le Select will quickly take you back to the olden days. Burger is optional for many people, but sitting under the trees watching the world go by is priceless.

2. Maya's has the most romantic view of the ocean and bobbing sailboats of any dining spot on the island. The owners have been in operation for 35+ years and the food is fresh and changes with the sea-to-table availability. A favorite of many of us on the Forum.

3. I think Eden Rock is the best beachfront restaurant on the island - the best dinner on Saint Barth is a lunch at Eden Rock. I like Nikki, but more fun with a gang. The food is pretty good.

YMMV

0E90A429-E97D-48FA-A602-796BD715C8CE.jpeg

Nikki has better food than you would expect. While it can be fun for lunch for 2, its better with a group.

Le Ti's food was actually really good. Excellent veal chop.

I like Maya's. Its not fancy by any means. Yes, its expensive but the food is well prepared and the staff is always warm and welcoming. Great view but the parking can get tricky.

For beach side dining, I'm still mourning the loss of Gloriette.

To me, it feels as though 8 is prime dining. By the time 9 rolls around, I often see empty tables as the early arrivers have finished and fewer people are coming in later.